Has anyone tried the macOS GM yet?

Ιακοβ

Mac OS Sierra comes out the 20th of Sept. I am not sure what GM is?

http://www.apple.com/macos/sierra/

Edited by Vandymarc

Gold Masters tend to be like final beta version... They are what is planned on being released that said if a major error turns up it gets fixed before official release.

-dan

Mac OS Sierra comes out the 20th of Sept. I am not sure what GM is?

http://www.apple.com/macos/sierra/

In short, Apple just released the final ready to go version of Sierra to the beta testers.

The term Golden Master, or RTM is the term that is applied to a beta release that has been deemed ready to release to the public. In practical terms, it means they have started burning the distro DVD's and installing it on the Mac's that are coming out of the factory in preparation for the release date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

I'm running Accordance on the latest version of the Sierra beta and it seems to run fine.

• Like 3

Good to here. Are you liking the new OS's features?

Edited by Vandymarc

It seems faster. Almost like my favorite upgrade of all time—Snow Leopard. I'm hesitant to put it in that class, but it seems like they worked out a lot of the kinks in El Capitan. Certainly seems to use less system resources. I have an Apple Watch, and it's cool that I can walk up to my computer every morning and automatically log on :-) I use Apple Mail, and there are some nice polishing touches there. Siri is integrated, but I haven't really used it much. That's a new habit that I need to learn, I suppose. It has given me back about 30GB of disk space, which is pretty cool.

If you're using iCloud, be careful about turning on sharing for "Desktop & Documents Folders". As the name suggests, it will put all the items on your Desktop and in your Documents folder in the cloud. If you're like me, and save a lot of items to your desktop, it will continuously be uploading. Even worse, if you turn it off, it deletes everything locally and leaves it all in the cloud! You can download it back to your computer of course, but I had a 50GB Parallels file in my Documents folder that hadn't finished uploading. I turned it off, and it deleted it from my hard drive. Good thing I had a backup!

I've pulled the trigger on macOS 10 (GM). With the latest version of accordance my normal actives work fine so far. I notice you can't  even open the Atlas at all.

I've pulled the trigger on macOS 10 (GM). With the latest version of accordance my normal actives work fine so far. I notice you can't  even open the Atlas at all.

11.2.4b1?

I've no motivation to risk trying beta versions of Accordance. The current (latest) version of Accordance seems to do everything I need it to do.

11.2.4b1 works great with Sierra, and your Atlas will work too :-)

If you're using iCloud, be careful about turning on sharing for "Desktop & Documents Folders". As the name suggests, it will put all the items on your Desktop and in your Documents folder in the cloud. If you're like me, and save a lot of items to your desktop, it will continuously be uploading. Even worse, if you turn it off, it deletes everything locally and leaves it all in the cloud! You can download it back to your computer of course, but I had a 50GB Parallels file in my Documents folder that hadn't finished uploading. I turned it off, and it deleted it from my hard drive. Good thing I had a backup!

Mark – I'm using iCloud Drive, but I don't think I've turned on Sharing for "Desktop & Documents Folders."  Exactly where is this controlled?  I don't see it in System Prefs under iCloud, nor in iCloud online.  I want to make sure I haven't turned it on so I don't run into the same mess you encountered.  Do you mind?

Mark – I'm using iCloud Drive, but I don't think I've turned on Sharing for "Desktop & Documents Folders." Exactly where is this controlled? I don't see it in System Prefs under iCloud, nor in iCloud online. I want to make sure I haven't turned it on so I don't run into the same mess you encountered. Do you mind?

Are you using MacOS Sierra Julia? It's a feature of Sierra, not El Cap or Yosemite.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Nope.  Not yet.  Still running El Cap.  I will upgrade to Sierra when available provided that y'all don't find a glitch that interferes with Accordance (my favorite app!).

Does this sharing have to be turned on?  If so, I'll refrain.  Does it kick in automatically if I'm already using iCloud Drive?

Just trying to avoid a mess that will eat time to fix.  

Thanks for your reply, Ken.

Nope. Not yet. Still running El Cap. I will upgrade to Sierra when available provided that y'all don't find a glitch that interferes with Accordance (my favorite app!).

Does this sharing have to be turned on? If so, I'll refrain. Does it kick in automatically if I'm already using iCloud Drive?

Just trying to avoid a mess that will eat time to fix.

Thanks for your reply, Ken.

k

Well, in my install of the GM it was turned off by default. I can't answer for everyone, but I suspect it is turned off by default because it would *very* quickly eat all your storage.

Just didn't want you to be fruitlessly looking for a setting that you don't yet have :-). I should have realised that with your foresightedness you were being pre-emptive.

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

When you do the upgrade, it asks you if you want to sync your Documents folder with iCloud. 

macOS has been mostly trouble free. There have been some odd (Non accordance related) graphics problems though.

• Like 1

Just installed Sierra GM. 11.2.3 crashed twice.

Accordance Crash Log
Program Version: 11.2.3
OS Version: 10.12.0

Call trace:
  $9540F865
  $95411740
  $962109CB
  $962123D5
  $96210F85
  $9621254E
  $96169068
  $9616A66E
  $9616A60C
  $961426EB
  $92673EF0
  $927A18E4
  $00059945
  $00059C09
  $00059C49
  $001B7ABA
  $001B7C03

As an aside, my first few days of using Sierra have been *very* positive. No problems at all in what I've been trying to do (so far).

That's very good news.  Thanks, Ken.

Just to clarify (hopefully): Mac OS Sierra GM 10.12 (16A320) DID fix a few problems with Accordance 11.2.3 BUT Accordance will still CRASH with several operations.

Accordance 11.2.4b1 DOES work for the most part. There are still a few reported problems but few (if any) crashes with this combination.

At this point, if you are going to install Sierra GM the only usable version of Accordance is 11.2.4b1.

• Like 2

Having had more time to use the latest (real not beta) version of accordance with macOS, it would be wise for someone to avoid upgrading from OS X until Accordance has worked out the bugs. I've seen crashes simply trying to open a commentary module, and also searching in the research bar seems to crash about 50% of the time. (I can't see a pattern to either).

How do we go about getting the beta of Accordance?

Edited by Ιακοβ

I am running the GoldMaster of Seirra for a few days now. Seems to work ok. I have noticed that it does crash at times when using the Map though....hard to consitently reproduce.

Accordance 11.2.4, which should run cleanly in Sierra, is now released to all 11 users, except those with AppStore versions. That may take a few days to update.

• Like 2

It seems faster. Almost like my favorite upgrade of all time—Snow Leopard. I'm hesitant to put it in that class, but it seems like they worked out a lot of the kinks in El Capitan. Certainly seems to use less system resources. I have an Apple Watch, and it's cool that I can walk up to my computer every morning and automatically log on :-) I use Apple Mail, and there are some nice polishing touches there. Siri is integrated, but I haven't really used it much. That's a new habit that I need to learn, I suppose. It has given me back about 30GB of disk space, which is pretty cool.

I upgraded to Sierra about this post. It can be that Sierra runs like SL. 

But Accordance 11.2.4 was fast as 11.1.6 on El Cap. On Sierra it is slow like 11.2.0 on El Cap. I'm definitely on the point to go back to El Cap with 11.2.4. At the moment I regret to drive to Sierra in addition to the other bugs. Next time I drive to the Yellow Stone or something else.

Greetings

Fabian