Text displays with wrong text

stoessel

Here is what I was trying to do:

1. In a regular English Bible (NAB and NRSV give same weird results), select some text. I was using Luke 14:25-28.
  2. Choose Amplify/Parallels/Gospels and it shows the expected result with a pane containing Mt, one with Lk, and one with Jn. The display is in my preferred English text and font.
  3. Now, within the parallel window, choose a different parallel, such as Synoptics. Click the OK button. The correct text and verses show up fine.
  4. Close that parallel window.
  5. Select Amplify/Parallels/Synoptics (from the main menu bar).
  6. Result: GNT text appears in the parallel window. Correct verses, wrong language.

Using the Palette to select the parallel also leads to the GNT being displayed instead of the English text. Only steps 2 and 3 lead to correct results.

Looks like bugs, but if I'm not doing something correctly, please let me know what.

Thanks in advance!

Ed

PPC Dual 2 GHZ

OS X 10.4.9

Accordance 7.4

The Parallel window Preferences are unique in that you must separately set the default text for each parallel database by choosing the parallel in the Preferences and setting its text. Finally choose the parallel you want as a default when you open a new window from the File menu, and click OK.

I think that if you check you will see that GNT is set as the default for the Synoptics parallel, which explains these apparently strange results.

Archived