Accordance Crashing with Mac OS 10.12 Beta (16A238m)

Lester P. Bagley

I upgraded to the public beta of Sierra.  The new Accordance beta seems to run really well in some quick tests.  The previous crashes I had on Sierra have been resolved.  Will not be using Accordance heavily until Monday.

• Like 1

I can also confirm the bug about opening resources from the plus icon in the workspace.  Nothing will open for me.  Running the latest public beta of Sierra on 2015 MacBook Pro

Interestingly, this bug was NOT present with Accordance 11.2.3 in Sierra. Just a reference point for the programmers.

Just saw this update this morning and installed the beta.  Works great!  No crashes, no problems running it, using Atlas, doing Easy Installs, etc.

Maybe you guys should be writing Sierra code instead of Apple doing it.  :)

Thanks to everyone who worked on the issue.

• Like 1

I am not running a Sierra beta, but I appreciate all of you who are doing so.  I will not upgrade my Mac OS until I can be certain it will run Accordance, my favorite software (one of my granddaughters would call it my most favoritest!).

Joel, FYI I just discovered one issue.  My ESV Cross-References is gone.  Any saved desktop that I open tells me it can't locate the file and directs me to the Accordance online store.  When I look in my account and at my library, all my purchases appear to be there, including the ESV with Strong's and the ESV Study Bible, but there is nothing in my library on my Mac that shows as ESV Cross References.  

Joel, FYI I just discovered one issue.  My ESV Cross-References is gone.  Any saved desktop that I open tells me it can't locate the file and directs me to the Accordance online store.  When I look in my account and at my library, all my purchases appear to be there, including the ESV with Strong's and the ESV Study Bible, but there is nothing in my library on my Mac that shows as ESV Cross References.  

The ESV Cross References are included in the ESV Notes in the Permanent Text.

• Like 1

The ESV crossrefs are deleted. You'll find them in the ESV Notes. This change has come with the permanent text. Maybe you have delete it from the Mac. I don't know if you can get it back as crossrefs alone.

Greetings

Fabian

Julia was faster:-)

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Thanks Julia and Fabian!  I didn't realize that.  Got it!

The latest release of the ESV is intended to be permanent, rather than undergo ongoing revisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Joel

To answer the questions from https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19211-sierra-public-beta-6-developer-7/?p=93653. Two bug I listed above and what I experience the new beta is so fast by click trough the chapters like 11.1.6. Also the import of User Tools works great again. Well done. If you are able to speed up the scroll through the library it would be great.

Greetings

Fabian

The bug in the Research Pane is still there on Wordbook, Hebrew Lexicon, Translator Notes and maybe other categories too.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2016-08-27 um 19.02.53.png

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2016-08-27 um 19.03.12.png

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2016-08-27 um 19.03.32.png

Greetings 

Fabian

Still a bug in 11.2.4

Greetings

Fabian