11.2 Constant Crash when Closing Edited User Note/User Tool

Jordan Gowing

After updating to 11.2, whenever I edit a User Tool or User Note, it automatically opens up as a full screen window (annoying enough in its own right). It is actually impossible to revert to having this as a hovering window if Accordance is full-screen, which is extremely problematic for my workflow.

Whenever I save a user tool or user note and close the note, Accordance completely crashes. Yes, everything is saved and intact, but as someone who constantly saves and closes, this makes Accordance very difficult to use for the time being.

I've done quite a bit of editing of my prayer journal and have added a number of notes to my User Notes since the release of 11.2 without mishap.  The saved notes remain after   But I've just had a problem with Easy Install.  I'll report in another thread.

I'm having this exact problem with 11.2, MacBook Air 2014, OS X 10.11.5.  It would be nice if editing a user note with the application in full screen mode did not make the note inflate to full screen size.  It is very problematic for my workflow as well. 

Thanks!

Randy

I am having a similar problem when attempting to Import Bible Text. It keeps crashing on every attempt. I am running 11.2 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013, running OX X 10.11.5.

I am having a similar problem when attempting to Import Bible Text. It keeps crashing on every attempt. I am running 11.2 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013, running OX X 10.11.5.

Have you tried the beta which you can request?

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/18784-first-beta-of-1121/

Greetings

Fabian

I just made the request. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I am still having this problem even after the update. I am hoping they are able to replicate the problem and figure it out. I am still working on my text file in the meantime. I have confidence they will get it fixed. Moving everything to unify the language is a big step for the program.

Kevin, do you get a crash report that you could paste here?

I have the same crash problem when saving an edited user note - crash log below

Accordance Crash Log
Program Version: 11.2.0
OS Version: 10.11.0

Call trace:
  $91B9E69F
  $96A523F4
  $96A5237B
  $96A522EC
  $96A52026
  $96A0B9A3
  $96A0ABC2
  $95872BC4
  $958810C0
  $93BE2289
  $93BE15E7
  $93BE1509
  $93D5E7B4
  $93C4F17A
  $93D5DDDF
  $93E6D071
  $94504FFE 

Dick, your report says you are still running 11.2.0.  Try updating to 11.2.1 via Check for App Updates and try again.

Joel, It offers no crash report. It just shuts down. When I restart, it asks about recovering where I was, but this puts me in a different workspace than I was working in when it crashed as well.

after updating, it now correctly works 

11.2.1 has been very "buggy" to me, as I have experienced slower speeds on the info pane. Also, I feel as the info pane is no longer displaying everything related to a particular passage that I have in my library. I was looking at Matthew 16:13-27, and it wouldn't show Tyndale commentary or the study bibles. I know for a fact that these resources have info on the text.

Sadly and strangely Accordance is now limiting the number of resources (commentaries, study bibles) in the Info Pane...

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/18761-sloooow-info-pane-scroll-112/

What worked great has now been reduced.  Personally, there is less incentive to buy more/extra resources.  It isn't the same using Amplify or Research instead.

I'm hoping Accordance will reconsider and restore what worked so well... showing all commentaries/study bibles.

Oh wow, I didn't know this! That is a bummer, I concur with you, I liked being able to see all those resources that are linked together.  :unsure:

The reason we set a limit is that scrolling in the search text can really slow down when 50+ commentaries are to be searched and displayed for each verse. If we remove the limit we'll have to make it an option for those with less computational power.

It's good to know that this Info Pane feature (new in 11) is so popular and widely used.

Helen, you could also auto-detect the speed and make a guesstimate as to the proper limit, and a UI warning if you exceed it.

The reason we set a limit is that scrolling in the search text can really slow down when 50+ commentaries are to be searched and displayed for each verse. If we remove the limit we'll have to make it an option for those with less computational power.

It's good to know that this Info Pane feature (new in 11) is so popular and widely used.

On my almost six year old WIN7 I3 PC with 8mb the Info Pane flew snappily along with 45+ resources displayed.  Perhaps you've changed some code with 11.2 (when all 45+ resources would show, but s l o w l y), thus in 11.2.1 you decided to limit the number of resources?  Please come up with some kind of solution where all commentaries/study bibles show briskly as they did before.

Edited by sfarson

Yes, a lot of underlying code was updated to make 11.2 fully Cocoa. This created many headaches for the team. I am sure that they will be working to optimize the speed and performance of any function that seems slower or less smooth now, but this may take some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any updates (informational or otherwise) related to my problem Importing a Bible Text?

Kevin, it is hard to keep track of reports when attached to a differently named thread :)  It may be useful to post it to a new, properly titled thread.  To temporarily answer your question here, did you update to 11.2.1?  Do you get a crash log?  Do all imports fail, or just this one text file?

I will try to do that, Joel. To answer your question, I am running 11.2.1 on El Capitan 10.11.5. I have an early 2013 15 inch MacBook Pro.

I do not get a crash log--just a crash. I only use this function for my personal translation, so I do not have multiple files, though I have tried renaming the file and copying the information to a brand new file, and that does not make a difference.

It works all the way through naming the translation, but when you then click OK, Accordance crashes.

I should add that it DOES add these translation names to the TEXTS section in the Library; however, they do not contain the text itself.

Kevin, I'd like to take a look at the source file. I'll message you my e-mail address.