Search for Greek Phrase

Thomas

Oh, the frustration—. What does it take to search for this phrase: επι τας απειλας in the GNT? I don't want to always search by lexical froms: e.g. επι ο απειλη. I'm leafing through notes and manuals now.

Just put quotes around it.

I forgot to mention this in my original post: "putting quotes around it doesn't find anything either."

Attached is the error pop up that comes up even if I put quotes around it. That was what I was thinking too. Let me know if you get this to work.

I forgot to mention this in my original post: "putting quotes around it doesn't find anything either."

Attached is the error pop up that comes up even if I put quotes around it. That was what I was thinking too. Let me know if you get this to work.

Those curly quotes are not recognized as regular quotes. This is why you're getting the "Select Lexical Form" dialog and not the "Select Inflected Form" dialog box. Use the "Enter Inflected Forms..." menu item ( ⌘j ).

Those curly quotes are not recognized as regular quotes. This is why you're getting the "Select Lexical Form" dialog and not the "Select Inflected Form" dialog box. Use the "Enter Inflected Forms..." menu item ( ⌘j ).

Joe, you've done it! شكراً I see this ties in with my post to Helen about the Greek Polytonic keyboard missing some characters.

أخ توما

Of course, no keyboard at all is needed if you already see the phrase in the text and want to search for other occurrences: simply select the phrase and click the search button while pressing the option key (or windows key on the emulator). This is especially helpful in Hebrew as it puts in the spaces between the words and prefixes and suffixes as well as putting the quote marks for searching the inflected forms.

Of course, no keyboard at all is needed if you already see the phrase in the text and want to search for other occurrences: simply select the phrase and click the search button while pressing the option key (or windows key on the emulator). This is especially helpful in Hebrew as it puts in the spaces between the words and prefixes and suffixes as well as putting the quote marks for searching the inflected forms.

Yes, I had the Greek phrase written on a piece of paper, and hadn't the reference. But, your Hebrew example is relevant to what I'm trying to search for now. I want to find ‏אֶחָיו and search by the method you suggest, but I keep getting undesired results. I only want the plural אֶחָיו not singular אֶחִיו. The image shows the green desired results, and the accompanying grey results that are not what I want.

post-1078-1192658788_thumb.png

You are getting there. Just add an equal sign to specify that you want the exact inflected form (including vowel points) in front of the first word. There is no shortcut for this. The default is to give you the broader search and allow you to narrow it as you wish.

Archived