Using Accordance Images in PowerPoint & Keynote

R. Mansfield

Did you know you can use images from your Accordance Library in PowerPoint & Keynote when you teach or preach?

Learn how in this new video!

http://www.accordancebible.com/Exporting-Accordance-Images-To-PowerPoint--Keynote

Note: fair use does not include posting images on a website. Permission should be obtained from the copyright holder for this kind of use. 

Edited by R. Mansfield
Added clarification regarding fair use.
  • Like 1

Any limits on distribution? What if I upload the presentation to my church's public website?

Any limits on distribution? What if I upload the presentation to my church's public website?

I'm not certain. We may have to have someone more knowledgeable than me answer the question. In fact, I need to clarify that non-commercial use does not include public places like websites. If you knew only your church members were receiving a copy of your presentation, that would probably be covered. Posting it publicly, though, seems questionable--but I will find out for certain.

Ok for now we'll put it in the members login, but if you find out more let me know.

It would always be in the context of a slide deck for the day's lesson, not by itself.

Dont forget that These tips also work in word and pages in the same way.

For the last 10 years i have produced our church's service to be data projected using word rather than powerpoint as there are many many advantages (and only two disadvantages). I have a special template with all the styles set to suitable sizes and colours.

When ready, just save to pdf, open in reader and either control L or command L or go to view and select full screen.

To clarify: if you post your Presentation as a PDF there is no problem with including images. If you want to post the Presentation itself, it is better to select the image in Accordance at the size you want it, and choose Save Picture Selection (rather than Save Picture). This way you are not making the full-size image available so there is less danger of violating copyright restrictions.