Preferences Problems

Charles Stock

My Accordance started showing print error messages when opening. I thought I would solve the problem by removing the existing preference folders from the Accordance folder in applications and finding the one buried under user/library/preferences. I tried putting the preferences back into the library/preferences/ but am now being asked to register "this copy of Accordance" In other words, it's a big mess.

I don't have any extraneous printers in my system preferences, but found another post earlier in Technical Support with the identical error #'s as I am getting

Help!

The Printer error is no big deal, it often goes away with a restart, or clearing out old printers from your System Preferences.

If you remove the entire Accordance Preferences from your user/Library/Preferences, Accordance should recreate them from the backup copy in the Accordance folder. (We do not put any preferences into Library/Preferences.) You will be missing your latest settings but will have your modules.

Please call for tech support if you need help sorting out the mess. It is best not to play with our preferences unless we recommend something specific to you.

Thanks for helping me out over the phone. All is well.

In addition, the printer error messages went away with a restart. The Accordance team is super in general, but Helen has repeatedly gone above and beyond any reasonable expectation!

Maybe Apple will come study Accordance to learn how to do great user support! ;)

See you at Princeton!

Archived