Luther complete works

mortenjensen

Hi

I would like to suggest the complete works of Luther published by Fortress (http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/productfamily/285/Luther-Works-Series) as an upcoming Accordance module.

What are the chances of that happening before the 2017 jubilee (500 years)?

While we are at the Lutheran camp, I would also like to suggest the Concordia Commentary Series, which is renown for its detailed exegesis of the Hebrew and Greek text: https://www.cph.org/t-book-subscriptions-concordia-commentary.aspx.

Morten

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yes, we are trying hard to get more Luther's works, irrespective of the anniversary, we have wanted them for years.

Helen, sounds just good. Any chances you will succeed any time soon? They are available up to vol. 55 in Logos. Would just not like to buy more stuff for that platform ...

• 9 months later...

Just bumping this to the top :)

I'm sure we can get Fortress to negotiate, and also for our German friends, let's get the German in addition to English, obviously :)

The German should be easy, as it has to be out of copyright :)

Edited by dandennison
  • Like 1

Watch this spot. English editions of some of the Fortress titles on Luther are close to release in Accordance.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey i found this post from 2017 and I have seen the bits of Luther's works that accordance has gotten on the site since then.  I am looking for his "first lectures" which are on the psalms.  I cant imagine i am the only one (I am not a Lutheran), and I would wager there is more interest in his exegetical work/ sermons (vols <31).  Logos has the entire works of Luther (from the collection mentioned above) and you can also select volumes from the Concordia and Fortress press collection. Accordance only seems to have a smattering of luther volumes, bundled under topical headings. I don't really need the complete works but I do want to get a copy of his work on the psalms (vols 10-13). Any hope of that in the near future?

Edited by Lparker
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I would be interested in the first 30 volumes becoming available 😉

• Like 1