Android App Update?

jdzinnel

Question. Do you think accordance will give the android app version numbers or names? And if names, based on what????

;o)

I think they changed the name to Accordance Mobile, because they startet in that days with the Accordance Mobile for Android.

Sitting here, patiently waiting, rapping my fingers on the table, using Logos and Olive Tree, but hoping beyond hope that Accordance for Android is released one day soon.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to put the android version through its paces... being an android developer it will be interesting to see what the team at accordance do. I go back to theological college next Feb 27 so I would love to have it on my galaxy S10 tablet.

I think (way back when) that a significant ios release happened on Christmas day (cant remember if it was the original or not,,,,) so Im hoping Android is coming then.  If not we riot....not sure how that works on a forum, but lots of creative preachers here, im sure we can work something together ;)

My only grumble is I just gave my Android phone to my step son (he sat on it and broke it in half...but thats another story), however my samsung tablet will be making use of this....as long as its compatible with kitkat!

from the link "We will have an Android version of Accordance Mobile in 2017."

is it possible to narrow it down a little more (we won't get mad if the prediction is off)

Q1? Q2? Q3? Q4?

1st half of the year? 2nd half?

hoping to buy an ipad once the new ones come out in march, but my samsung note 5 wants some of that action too...

Sorry, we don't deal in vaporware. It will be released when it is ready.

Appreciate that but you did set of open Pandora's Box with the sneak peak at the SBL/AAR... Good luck on getting out for the Android users, even if nothing more is to be reported till nearly ready.... At least the demo proves it is not Vaporware, I remember one software dealer came in 3 years late with their product and I am not even sure it was really being worked on in 2004/5 (it was promised release by December 2005).

-Dan

Appreciate that but you did set of open Pandora's Box with the sneak peak at the SBL/AAR...

At least the demo proves it is not Vaporware,

+1

either way, excited for it to come out, as many of us are!

• 4 months later...

I believe Helen stated there wouldn't be anything to report till they were entering the beta testing phase. Perhaps someone at Accordance has something to say but other than a call for patients I am not sure there is going to be anything they will report. I know I was less than ideally patient waiting for the iOS app so I understand wanting to know, but not sure we will hear anything more from them till public beta.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

• 1 month later...

Man, I cannot wait for the Android app!

I hope you'll let some of us in on the beta whenever that's ready.  :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

accordance fb comment from 8/13: "The Android app is coming soon."

can someone do a word study on the word "soon". haha

supposedly, its going to be out by 2017, which leaves 4 months, but who knows

post-34094-0-09126000-1503104262_thumb.png

Edited by gugu009
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Christ will come SOON. Christians have been saying this for about 2,000 years.  :lol:

My second hand iPhone has lived a long life. Seeing a certain company is cooperating with a certain country to help with its surveillance, I'm seriously considering switching to android. I just added a to-be-adroind app to my profile a few hours ago.  :rolleyes:

I do not believe I ever saw anyone official from Accordance actual say it will be out in 2017, I know I said from the release schedule of iOS after it's sneak peak it would seem likely to be released this year indeed I said probably before summer.. but I always tried to say this was pure speculation. I also know there was great sadness in the mobile division when one their own went on to his reward. I do not know if he was working on only the iOS or android too but I sort of stoped speculating when I realized how poor my speculations were (on the plus side I never endorsed the September Apocalypse nor the October 13, 2017 one (or any other one ever for that matter)). While the coming of the Android app is less mysterious and more widely known than Christ's return date, I will not be bold enough to give a date again and apologize if anyone has drawn a release date from my ramblings. The android app has obviously been more complex to build than the iOS version was, I wish all my Android using friends luck but since we have not even heard of public beta testing yet so it is hard to know when the program will be ready to be officially released, although i dare suspect a lot of you will be happy enough to get a beta version on your phone.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

I do not believe I ever saw anyone official from Accordance actual say it will be out in 2017

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/20376-linux-android-crossover-for-accordance/?p=98859

of course, as dan mentioned, definitely acknowledge "the great sadness" with God calling one of the team members home.

all said, we're just excited with anticipation for when the android version is released.

personally, while i have a mac laptop and an ipad (love being able to use accordance on the ipad), still haven't made the jump to the iphone and so there's times when I wish i can access accordance on my phone, which is always on me.  don't always carry the laptop and the ipad around.  once the android version is released, i will be able to access accordance across all my devices, so again, just excited with anticipation for when that day comes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Accordance, for working on bringing your excellent software to Android. I look forward to it as well with all the others who have commented. 

And I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your team member. 

I know that we can now say we are in internal alpha testing for a small number of staff. It is coming along, and definitely before the end of the century :-)

• Like 2

I know that we can now say we are in internal alpha testing for a small number of staff. It is coming along, and definitely before the end of the century :-)

I didn't know we could say anything! Well, I'm going to add my Kindle Fire to my device listing below. 

Accordance employees teasing us haha but i refuse to get excited. I will stick to no one knows the day or hour

• Like 1

Terrific news/indication it will work with the Kindle Fire!

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t wait for this, I have an s8, which is an amazing phone but it needs accordance....

My iPad has to stick around until then, when it’s at its end of life I’ll be getting a lower cost Samsung tablet I think. Find android integrates really well with Microsoft stuff so will be handy when I can get everything on android.

My iPad has to stick around until then, when it’s at its end of life I’ll be getting a lower cost Samsung tablet I think. Find android integrates really well with Microsoft stuff so will be handy when I can get everything on android.

It's not lower-cost, but I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 recently for Accordance use. I've been able to use the current internal build of Accordance Mobile for Android in split screen with MS Word (sorry that I can't show you more than this screenshot). I've not found Word on Android currently to be on par with Word on an iPad Pro, but Microsoft is continuing to improve it. 

It's not lower-cost, but I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 recently for Accordance use. I've been able to use the current internal build of Accordance Mobile for Android in split screen with MS Word (sorry that I can't show you more than this screenshot). I've not found Word on Android currently to be on par with Word on an iPad Pro, but Microsoft is continuing to improve it. 

Will try to resist questions about AA...

I quite like word on Android, i find one real annoyance on the ipad version, which is saving things, its chaos..folders not at the top, everything in alphabetical order, the keyboard pops up every time i go into a new folder nest...frustrates me no end as I create a fair few documents.  Android on the other hand...folders at the top, keyboard stays down unless I need it...and it has read mode which ios doesnt yet.

Looking forward to testing Accordance Android one day soon :)