Insert Verses in pages, keynote, textedit

chasejoseph

The macro (service) to insert verses quit working on my mac. It locks down which every program launched the macro to where I have to force quit the program. 

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'd love to hear of a solution.

Joe Chase

Gladewater, TX

Works fine on my Mac, using Accordance 11.1.5. 

Joe,

Do provide what version of OS X and Accordance you're using.

You're having to force-quit the destination app, such as TextEdit? or force-quite Accordance?

Have you restarted?

Hi Joe,

Yes I have rebooted the mac, accordance etc. many times now.

I am running the latest version of Yosemite.

I upgraded to the current version of Accordance. (did so today). Though the freeze up happened under the previous version.

I have force quite pages, keynote, or any other application that launches the service.

Actually, all of the services associated with Accordance lock up the program from which they are launched.

Thanks for your help

Joe

But other services do not lock up the app? Let's make sure the prob is just with Accordance Services.

Build a text-based service yourself in Automator and test it. Or, install this simple one where you select a word in TextEdit and it replaces the selection with a dictionary entry:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3462254/GetDefinition.workflow.zip

Does that Service work?

Other questions:

1. Is your Accordance.app application stored in /Applications/  ?

2. When it stalls, if you bring Accordance to the front, does it act just fine, with no error message?

3. If Accordance is quit, and you run the service, does Accordance launch?

4. Can you still use the other type of Accordance Service that simply displays the result in Accordance (View Verses for example), rather than pasting a result in your current app? 

Joe,

I don't know why but all is working again. I restarted again, I reinstalled the latest Accordance software update again, then restarted once more. So for now my world is wonderful again. 

I use your macros literally hundreds of times in a week. I also have the service assigned to a TextExpander snippet that will launch the service. Thank you for your hard work and brilliance

Joe Chase

North Loop Church of Christ

Gladewater, TX

Joe,

Glad all is working well.

Happy to hear you find the Services/Macros helpful. It's nice to hear the work is worth it.