NEW! NIV Zondervan Study Bible notes

R. Mansfield

New for the Accordance Library: Get the NIV Zondervan Study Bible notes at the introductory discount of 43% off the regular price!

Introductory pricing is available through April 4, so don't wait!

See today's blog post for more information.

Mac Screenshot:

NIVZSB-Mac-r.png

iPad Pro screenshot:

NIVZSB-iPad-ds.png

• Like 4

Bought

One of the best introductory discounts that I had seen on Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 3

Loaded!!  Very thankful for the new resource!  

Great deal and great resource. Thanks to Accordance for adding it!

That being said, it’s not showing up correctly in my Info Pane. It’s like 3 times the size it’s supposed to be I’ve restarted and tried new panes, new tabs, and windows. 

I’d upload a screenshot, except my browser isn’t letting me right now, for some reason. 

Great deal and great resource. Thanks to Accordance for adding it!

That being said, it’s not showing up correctly in my Info Pane. It’s like 3 times the size it’s supposed to be I’ve restarted and tried new panes, new tabs, and windows. 

I’d upload a screenshot, except my browser isn’t letting me right now, for some reason. 

An update will be released shortly for that issue.

I have the NIV Study Bible (2002) that came with a NIV bundle I purchased a number of years ago.  I assume the NIVZSB is a completely different module that is more current than this and therefore I would benefit from having it?

Please ignore my question above.  I found what I was looking for in this thread - NIV Zondervan Study Bible

I see no page numbers in this version, is that correct?

If so, please add these. TX!

Hans

• Like 1

Hans

+1 yes please.

Greetings

Fabian

Generally Accordance doesn't include page numbers in study Bibles. So it may be unlikely they will appear.

-Dan

How easy is it to copy formatted text and images out of the NIV ZSB?

I have it in OliveTree (both iOS and Windows), and I can only copy unformatted text and cannot copy images.

My only point of reference in Accordance is trying to copy things out of the NET Bible Notes, which seem to allow for copying formatted text and images.

Thanks,

sChen

You can copy both text and mages out of any Accordance module, and it's always easy. The only caveat is that images must be dragged or copied and pasted separately, they do not copy with the text that includes them.

Let me also add that I've found that images in Accordance are often at a higher resolution than those found on other platforms (I compare such things regularly). You can copy an image from the contextual menu, or you can export them to .jpg or .png files. Your license includes the ability to use these images in teaching or preaching settings or for personal use. 

I've found that the NIV Zondervan Study Bible is an absolute wealth of useful images and would suggest that if you are in teaching or preaching settings, the images alone would be worth the purchase price. 

• Like 1

Hans

We do not add page numbers to most all study bibles because they come in various formats, bindings, etc. Starting with Accordance 11.2 we will start citing resources without pages by their paragraph number so that it is at least more helpful than "n.p."

I have shared items from Olive Tree modules including this one I have not yet purchase the ZSB in accordance having it there. I will hardily agree that the images in it are fabulous. One major flaw in OT is the inability to easily copy images, the image I share from the Paslm 1 in the earlier thread on the ZSB I had to screen shot it on my iPad and remove the border of extraneous material. I have little doubt that Accordances implementation of the ZSB will have images that are a high a quality (owning the NIDB in both ACC and OT, I will say the quality of at least some of the images in it are better in OT). I am very happy Accordance has added this wonderful resource.

Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

One major flaw in OT is the inability to easily copy images, the image I share from the Paslm 1 in the earlier thread on the ZSB I had to screen shot it on my iPad and remove the border of extraneous material.

Hopefully, Dan, people will know what you mean by OT and not think you're referring to "Old Testament" or worse, "OakTree" :-)

Although images are easy to copy/export from our Windows and Mac versions of Accordance, our iOS version has relied on screenshots as is the case with our competitor. For my purposes, I've usually found this to work fine because of the high resolution of both my iPhone and iPad. I most often use such images for inclusion in a Keynote slide, and I can crop out the surrounding area in Keynote or or in Apple's Photos app. However, the Accordance iOS Team has discussed adding a tap and hold feature for images that would include a copy option. This would not only give access to the original image on iOS devices, but would also eliminate the final step of cropping the image. I'm not certain at exactly what point that feature may be added to Accordance Mobile, but it's at least on the list. 

In regard to the image in Psalm 1 to which you referred and strictly out of curiosity, I exported it from Accordance 11/Mac to a .png file to see how large it is. The export from Accordance is 1900 x 1258 and weighs in at 4 MB. This supports what I was saying about the quality of our images. Since we have the copy/export feature to being with, we assume our users will be implementing these images in teaching or preaching contexts and will need as high a resolution as possible. 

I'd upload it here to show it off, but the forums limit uploads to 2 MB :-)

• Like 1

Yes rick, this person did a double take on ot and worked it out.

This person also relies on ios but my major use of full fat os is when preparing a service to be projected, so screen shots on ios are actually fine and there are other things i personally would like to see with a higher priority in accordance iOS for personal study or coffeee table discussions

Rick thank you I will try to remember to ensure my abbreviations are more clear. i.e.. OliveTree (hereafter OT), I rarely even think of Accordance (hereafter ACC) as Oaktree any longer. The specific image in NIDB was the map after Herod article.  on my iPad  i can really zoom in and still have nice clarity in OT, when i went to Acc I was a bit surprised it seemed fuzzy when i tried to zoom in. This is one of the few resources I own in both ACC and OT. I do know in general photos in ACC seem nicer... that said I seem to have the murphy's law luck of finding off the top of my head by blind chance finding the images that breaks the rule. As in my comparison of the same photo a few days back in the Biblical Archaeology Review thread (comparing two ACC products). And I did not mention it to in anyway mean your products were inferior just that there can be occasions where the ACC version photos may be lower). Going back to NIDB and looking at the photo of mount Hermon in both on the computer and on my iPad.. they appear to be of equal quality and had I scrolled upwards rather than downwards to locate a graphic to compare I could have stated the differences if any are negligible. I had gone there to be able to affirm your statement that ACC offers higher quality images, but came away a be a bit surprised.

-dan

PS: With near as good quality you can open it in preview and save it as a jpg to get a compression rate that leads you with an uploadable file.

Edited by Dan Francis

Dan, I just checked and both of the images from the New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible you mention are pretty small. I exported both of them, and the Mt. Hermon photo s 432 x 324, and the Herod map is 488 x 643. I assume that's what we received from the publisher. What I do know is that we don't go in and systematically make our images smaller (as I believe may be done elsewhere) but prefer to offer the best image available. I have no way of verifying the competitor you mentioned, because as you noted, their app does not have any kind of export feature--at least on the Mac, which is what I'm sitting in front of right now. 

And again, in regard to the NIV Zondervan Study Bible, all of the images I've examined seem to be at a high resolution.

• Like 1

I assume that's what we received from the publisher. What I do know is that we don't go in and systematically make our images smaller (as I believe may be done elsewhereO but prefer to offer the best image available.

And I appreciate that like I said I had just been a bit taken aback by the seeming difference in that case. Which was uncharacteristic of my experience of your products. 

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

For those interested, I put up a second blog post today about the NIV Zondervan Study Bible, clarifying the fact that it is not a revision of the previous NIV Study Bible.

See "A Closer Look at the NIV Zondervan Study Bible."

• Like 1

Let me add to what Rick was saying. We actually DO downscale SOME images we receive from the publisher. An image designed for a print product could easily be 50mb at 300dpi or more. If there are hundreds of images in a module, you'd never be able to fit your Accordance library on your iOS device. We work hard to find a great balance between image size, resolution and perceived quality. We generally scale our images to 1900 pixels on the widest size, at 72dpi. If there are any images smaller than that, it's because the publisher didn't have anything larger. 

• Like 2

Hi Rick,

Is there a list or index for the maps? (Havent seen a hard copy anywhere)

Thanks

Edited by ukfraser

Yes.

image.png

• Like 1