Using Libronix Files

Karen Milligan

I don't really have an opinion about Logos but I wasn't really sure where to put this question. Please, remember I am new to Accordance and am just a lay person with no seminary training. I was wondering if Accordance can read a Libronix file. You see I would really love to have Barclay's Daily Study Bible on Accordance but it is not one of the choices so I was wondering if I could buy the Libronix file, whatever that is, and make it a new user tool. I also have purchased a copy of the works of Oswald Chambers which came with a CD in Libronix format. It said that it would run on a Windows machine, but I was unable to get it to open on my windows machine at work. I just really like reading these two works and would love to be able to search them with accordance.

Karen:

I made this into a new topic as I did not think it belonged with the other.

No, Accordance cannot read Libronix files, nor indeed any files other that our own specially formatted files. Accordance does allow you to import text files (HTML or plain ASCII) into a user tool which you can then mark up and use. HTML files keep a lot of their formatting. So, if you can find these files available for public use on the Internet, you can make your own module.

This is mainly suitable for small files like sermons, certainly not for major works. On these your best bet is to lobby Accordance from time to time, see how much interest these titles generate on this forum, and wait in hope that we will get around to them eventually.

Helen:

Thanks for answering my question. This one thing that I like about accordance, someone always answers my question.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

Will Accordance ever have a translation package to convert Logos books to Accordance? It would be very helpful for those books that will never be translated by the Accordance team.

This sounds like such a simple and great idea, from the point of view of the Logos user. However, it is very unlikely that we could and would do it for several reasons.

First, it would require the cooperation of Logos to enable us to decode their file structure.

Second, it could not distinguish books that "will never be translated by Accordance" from those that we do have, are working on, or will get in the future.

Third, we are responsible to the publishers to produce the highest quality modules that correctly reproduce the content of their work. We could not guarantee that quality if works were imported from other software. Publishers do not want second-rate versions of their works distributed, and outside their control.

I don't really have an opinion about Logos but I wasn't really sure where to put this question. Please, remember I am new to Accordance and am just a lay person with no seminary training. I was wondering if Accordance can read a Libronix file. You see I would really love to have Barclay's Daily Study Bible on Accordance but it is not one of the choices so I was wondering if I could buy the Libronix file, whatever that is, and make it a new user tool. I also have purchased a copy of the works of Oswald Chambers which came with a CD in Libronix format. It said that it would run on a Windows machine, but I was unable to get it to open on my windows machine at work. I just really like reading these two works and would love to be able to search them with accordance.

Karen

FYI. Logos announced that they were losing their license for the Daily Study Bible series a few months ago.

Jack

Archived