Vocabulary count more than 70

Kit

Hi there,

can someone show me how to make a vocabulary list which lists all the words appeared more than 70 times in NT?

Thanks,

Kit

Hi there,

can someone show me how to make a vocabulary list which lists all the words appeared more than 70 times in NT?

Thanks,

Kit

Sure, its not a problem at all.

1) Click the More Options triangle in your search window and set the range to be just the new testament.

1b) If you don't have that as a preset range, select "Define Range..." at the bottom of the menu and enter the range Mat-Rev as a new one.

2) Enter in the entry box [COUNT 70-50000] as your search. The count command essentially creates a list of those words that fit the range or number placed with it. I chose 50000 as an arbitrary upper limit that should account for all words (even 'the' and 'and'). You could do a *much* smaller number like 10000 that will account for all words of significance if you want it to do the search faster.

3) Once the search is done, click the Details button and select the Analysis tab. You now have a list of all words and their frequency in the new testament. Should you want to sort it differently, use "the one keyboard shortcut you absolutely must learn", Command-T. In that window you can pick how you want them sorted, or how you want them counted, etc.

Enjoy!

PS: I attached a screenshot for clarity. (don't mind the different number in the count, 10000 should be plenty large enough.

Thanks a lot.

Kit

• 1 month later...

Joel,

Is this possible do within a chapter in another text? For example - If I want to make a vocabulary list for everything occurring less than 50 times in the HMT from Isa. 6?

Thanks,

Ryan

If you make a range in the Range dialog for Isa 6 and use that range, the count applies only to the range. However, if you use the Range command, the counts applies to the entire text, but the results are shown only within your specified range.

Helen,

So my entry in the search window should look like: [RANGE Isa 6, 0-50] and the 'search within' dialog should be set to 'all text'? I tried a couple of different contexts: the aforementioned, [RANGE isa 1-100] in English, and [RANGE Isa 1-75] in HMT. For some reason I was unable to achieve any results. Forgive me if I am a bit dull. I could not find an example in the manual, but I could have missed it there too.

Thank you for all you do....and for your help.

Ryan

No, you must do an argument like this: [COUNT 0-50] [RANGE Is 6]. Also I hope you are not using the original HMT, as new features do not necessarily work with the old texts. You should have BHS-W4.

Archived