Moule – Idiom Book of N.T. Greek

Julia Falling

I requested this resource awhile back and decided bring it to notice again.  I have no idea what the licensing difficulties might be or how backlogged the module developers might be.  I do think think Moule's work is a worthy candidate for consideration.

Anyone else interested?

Thanks!

EDIT:  Auto-correct morphed Moule into Mouse.  Would someone please fix it?  Thank you.

Edited by Julie Falling

Auto-correct morphed Moule into Mouse.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that auto-correct is messing with. I have to be very careful typing a church bulletin, auto-correct can be brutal. :)

• Like 1

Auto-correct morphed Moule into Mouse.  Would someone please fix it?

Done!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that auto-correct is messing with. I have to be very careful typing a church bulletin, auto-correct can be brutal. :)

I have turned off auto-correct on my Mac because I type too fast to easily notice inaccurate "corrections." I leave it on with my iOS devices, but I wish I could differentiate using a physical keyboard vs. using the onscreen keyboard on my iPad Pro. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick.  I think I need to turn it off, too.  I grow weary of having to go back repeatedly to fix stuff the Mac thought it had 'fixed.'

Tony – I think we've all sent out emails that say something other than what we intended.  Careful is right!

Edited by Julie Falling

+1

Thanks, Rick.  I think I need to turn it off, too.  I grow weary of having to go back repeated to fix stuff the Mac thought it had 'fixed.'

Tony – I think we've all sent out emails that say something other than what we intended.  Careful is right!

Well, Julie, in my dreams, someone invents a computer called,

"I AM THE BOSS."  This computer maintains your privacy, allows you to modify shrink-wrapped, click-wrapped adhesion contracts on the internet -- pages of verbiage that no one has time to read, and hardly anyone intends to obey.  No big-brother activities are allowed in your computer, no changing your spelling, etc.  There will be no pop-ups asking you to approve of "full screen" when you already clicked to activate "full screen."  Everything is run in ram-drive and all changes evaporate when you power down.  There is big toggle switch on the side of the computer controlling access to your hard drive, as it cuts the power off of it.  Everything is shunted to ram-drive.  When you turn on your computer, a  copy of the OS to ram drive occurs and then the hard drive is switched off, like what you could do with DOS 3.3 (etc.)  You do not accumulate unwanted cookies.  You are never forced to check OK when it is not OK.  Absolutely nothing downloads to your computer without a pop-up allowing you to stop it.   

As to Moule, I think it is a valuable work which I have in my library.  Maybe someone will make a companion book to it, Mule's Idiot Book of N.T. Greek

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

+1

Julie, do you have this book in print? I have it here in PDF (scanned version).

What do you like about this book?

I believe this rather old book is not in electronic format so it will be more difficult to get it into Accordance.

Hans

Hans – Moule is my Greek prof's 'go-to' for prepositions.  I use it for that and for general reference.  I bought Moule before Prepositions and Theology in the Greek New Testament was released by Accordance.  I use anything sound I can get my hands on.  That's how I learn.

Old doesn't mean obsolete.  Robertson's Grammer is still in print and it's 100 years old.  Folks are still reading Augustine & the other church fathers as well as the Reformers and the Puritans.

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 1

Old doesn't mean obsolete.  Robertson's Grammer is still in print and it's 100 years old.  Folks are still reading Augustine & the other church fathers as well as the Reformers and the Puritans.

Folks are still reading the Bible…

• Like 3

Folks are still reading the Bible…

Old folks are still reading the Bible too…

• Like 2

I agree with you that old doesn't mean obsolete. But it will be more difficult to get this book in Accordance. 

But if needed, Accordance can get my PDF.

I was wondering about OCR'ing this one but then I wonder about the copyright situation. Anyone know what the story there is ?

Thx

D

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about OCR'ing this one but then I wonder about the copyright situation. Anyone know what the story there is ?

Thx

D

I think you can scan your own copy if you actually own a copy, but you mustn't share the PDF or whatever you create from it. Best do a search on copyright law for your country or region.

• 7 months later...

Not that I personally want this book, but it is frequently referenced in other accordance modules. Meaning.i really need to find a copy of this!

It can be had for about $50 on the second hand market according to booko.com.au. Amazon in the US seems to offer it for about 45. I don't know about AU though. I don't remember where I got my copy.

Thx

D

• 5 years later...

It's a shame nothing came of getting this classic in Accordance.

• Like 1

I imagine the main obstacle is that it would have to be OCRed, and OakTree doesn’t regularly do that.

Maybe Moule is a great opportunity for Accordance to implement this idea. Moule is not a large book. If 25 people each took 10 pages…

Edited by A.D. Riddle
  • Like 1

I would be willing to take 10 pages

If Accordance is able to get the appropriate permissions, and is willing to take this approach to module development, then I can provide a very good scan (unless one is already available) with high quality OCR.

A.D.

On 6/18/2022 at 4:41 PM, Donald Cobb said:

I would be willing to take 10 pages

Me too!