Mellel on an iPad?

Andrew Mercer

I realise that this is the Mac forum, but without a dedicated iOS forum, I thought I'd post here. I asked this question in another post, but it may get lost in that thread. 

People rave about the Mellel/Bookends combination for academic writing. Currently, they are not in my workflow, but I own them. If they are that good, I'm tempted to put in the time to learn them as I have to write a sizeable dissertation in 2016. But for me, the switch would be worth it if the iPad app for Mellel is very functional. So, if you are using Mellel both in OSX and iOS, how does the iOS version compare to the OSX version? 

Appreciate any thoughts you learned colleagues may have :)

Grace and peace,

• 2 months later...

Andrew,

I just recently made this switch and I am still deep in the learning curve so can not tell you much.  What I can say is initial setup was simple and seamless.  Mellel seems to share well to the cloud from my airbook to the ipad and back again.  I have had zero issues with opening, editing, saving and opening the previously edited document on another device.  

I switched specifically for better language/font compatibility and have not been disappointed on that front at all.  I work regularly in English, Spanish, Greek, Hebrew and a rather obscure dialect from the old Inca Empire called Quichua from the Chimborazo province of Ecuador and love that I can move easily and smoothly between languages and cut and paste from Hebrew into an English document without issue.  For that alone the switch was worth it to me.

In His Grip

Gary

Edited by Gary Wissel
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Gary - I think that I will make the plunge