11.1 flickering and unable to define ranges

DrJB

Hello, I recently installed the 11.1.0.0 for Windows and I have experienced new problems not present on prior App Updates.

I run the program on Vista 32 on Gateway desktop (and 64 bit on my Lenovo laptop). Now the screen flickers terribly whenever I move the mouse over the text, it had never done this before.

Also when I try to define a text range a small window pops up (as before) but it is transparent/empty so I am unable to define or click on anything.

The problem has occured on both computers so I don't believe it is something unique that I have installed on either that is causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by DrJB

I also see the flickering in 11.1 on my Vista machine, and it was not there before.  Sorry not to have a solution for both of us, but hopefully it will be figured out.  (My impression is it has been hard to replicate). Not sure about the define range issue, but I will check on it when I am next at "my" Windows machine.  (It actually belongs to the church I serve)

Lorinda

Like DrJB and Lorinda H. M. Hoover, the screen in 11.1 on my Vista machine flickers very fast and it is very annoying.  Empty pop-up windows are also an issue (e.g. Easy Install).  As a result, I decided to stay with 11.0.6 until this gets taken care of.  Please let us know when this gets fixed.  Thank you!

Edited by E. Cardona

Yes, DrJB.  Helen helped me role back the revision to 11.0.6.  You can email her and she will be more than willing to help you out:

helen@accordancebible.com

This bug was finally tracked down last week and the new 11.1.1 release should eliminate it.

• Like 1

Thanks Mrs. Brown, I updated to 11.1.1 which fixed the "define ranges" problem but the flickering persists...almost back to 10.8

The same here with the flickering.  I went back to 11.0.6 again.

Edited by E. Cardona

Interesting.  The flickering is fixed for me.