Accordance on iPad Pro

R. Mansfield

So Having lived with them a bit, is the ipad pro really worth getting over the ipad air 2 ? (9.7)

I would say it really depends on your personal use case. If you want to use Accordance, consuming content etc. then an Air2 is still a wonderful device. Its still fast, light and handy. The Pro "only" got faster (same dimensions and weights). So I wouldn't upgrade from an Air2.

For me Ive got to work with a lot of texts from a lot of books (university context) - and im not a friend of only one workspace. Thats why I scan most of my texts and work with them on my iPad. This means reading and making notices (direct on those pdfs). So for me the new TrueTone display (for reading, and Yes, its really a game changer) and the opportunity to use the Apple Pencil (which is by far the best Stylus I tested and used so far) is my big plus, why im having the Pro.

So theres not an easy answer if the Pro is a worthy upgrade from an Air2. When you are up for the idea of a paperless workflow - then yes, the Pro could help to better handle this. But if you don't need to annotate a lot of pdfs or even prefer doing this on real paper then the Air2 is still good to stay with and wait for more to come for the money you're going to spend. I upgraded from an iPad3, because I tried using the iPad back then for my paperless workflow - but wasn't ok with what i had.. (too heavy, blueish display made me tired, all styluses back then weren't good for annotating (to unprecise))

with the Pro this changed - but I also didn't have to decide to upgrade from an Air/Air2 from an iPad3 it was a no brainer (that was the baddest iPad ever) 

Edited by JayDee
  • Like 1

Hi,

I agree with Jay. For my present needs I chose the mini 2. But I expect or at least hope that in a few years the iPad Pro, maybe even the 9.7 inch version, will offer much more than it does now, and I might even be able to use an iPad Pro with a W10 tablet for all of my computing needs, using remote desktop software. That’s what I’m starting to do now - access my older W10 tablet with TeamViewer on my iPad, taking advantage of its retina display for some Windows programs, including the desktop version of Acc.

Regards,

Michel

Thanks Jay, im still on the original ipad 2 and its very slow with the latest ios ;o(

Still holding out, but the upgrade is inevitable (along with death and taxes)

;o)

I had an iPad (3rd gen) aka Retina. It worked ok, but I wanted something lighter and needed more memory. 64GB may seem like a lot but it was very tight. I thought of iPad 2, but in the end I want to upgrade as little as possible and thought 256GB Should last me another 4 years. And I gave my old one to my mother in law.

-Dan

PS: It is a very fine iPad i like it a lot I do not regret the purchase and love the nighttime mode that shifts out of the blue light spectrum to warm spectrum. The ability to open 2 programs at once in the split screen is nice I know that it is possible in newer models but my old 3 did not allow it. 

Edited by Dan Francis

Thanks Jay, im still on the original ipad 2 and its very slow with the latest ios ;o(

Still holding out, but the upgrade is inevitable (along with death and taxes)

;o)

Oh, i thought you had an air2. - From an ipad2 its like a new device category ;o). Would be good to know what you do with your iPad. And if I hadn't  already upgraded - i would now wait another 30days to see where ios10 is going (WWDC is coming up) - i hope for better file management and improved use of the hardware. For now the processor power of the A9 isn't used.. software lags behind. An A8X is very capable of driving ios9 - so the Air2 is still a fast device,. never mind its age.

Thanks, im also looking forward to wwdc and wonr be rushing as i also need to upgrade my mbp which is also quite ancient. I just had to be out of the house today and was looking at ipad pro and air2 and while future proof is important, i dont tend to upgrade frequently and the price diference is also a factor as my old ipad meets my needs with the exception of storage but is getting slower with ios upgrades. (Apple plan!!!!!!)

;o)

• 1 month later...

Can you open accordance in both panels in split screen ( so have a couple of tools available eg or even 4 panels)?

If i have accordance already open, it doesnt appear in the right column of options. Im guessing not.

Thanks

Can you open accordance in both panels in split screen ( so have a couple of tools available eg or even 4 panels)?

If i have accordance already open, it doesnt appear in the right column of options. Im guessing not.

That's a limitation of iOS. I don't know of any program that lets you open a separate instance on both sides of the screen.