Text links; alternative to ESVi

David Miller

Text links use the ESVi  which, from a catholic perspective, is unsatisfactory as some books are missing. I can find no option to select an alternative Bible for text links  such as the NRSV or NJB. Is there any way of either removing ESVi (which I never use) or forcing Accordance for iOS to use  the NRSV?

I believe all you have to do is go to your Library, to the texts section, and Edit the list so your preferred translation is first in the list.

Thank you for the reply. I see I can delete ESVi from Library/Text, but I cannot identify any way of editing the list. ESVi is at the top of the list of texts. I am reluctant to delete as I might move from the frying pan to the fire!

oh well.  I was trying to be helpful, but it just is not my day.

Edited by Michael Miles

Michael, David is referring to iOS, not Desktop :)  On the desktop, preferred texts are defined very differently!

David,  in the top right of your Library view is the 'Edit' button.  Once tapped, you'll know you are in edit mode by the appearance of the red 'delete' on the left side of many of your items in the list.  On the right side, you'll see a button containing three horizontal lines.  These are 'grabbers' you can tap and hold on to pickup and move the item to a location of your choice.

If you do accidentally delete something, you can always go back to Easy Install (the button at the bottom left with the circle and down arrow) to reinstall it.

Let me know if this helps!  The help button at the bottom right (Circle with a '?' in it) is quite exhaustive and useful for our app.  In it, you can navigate to Table of Contents -> Library View, to learn all about the Library, especially the 'Arranging the Library' section near the bottom/

• Like 1

Michael, David is referring to iOS, not Desktop :)  On the desktop, preferred texts are defined very differently!

Take it from me there, Joel.  Don't get old.  Sometimes I'm firing on 12 cylinders and at other times my head gaskets are both blown and I'm sucking air and losing fluids.