RTF output in 7.3 is incorrect with Helena font

RPat

I'm having a problem when I save an article from NIDNTT in RTF with "Helena" font set in the preferences for Greek. The problem is the file doesn't look correctly when opened in any program.

I also tried Unicode & SPIonic and these seem to work. Here's the results of the testing:

Helena - Displays incorrectly with:

Mellel

Pages

TextEdit

Word

Unicode - Displays correctly with:

Mellel

Pages

TextEdit

SPIonic - Displays correctly with:

Mellel

Pages

TextEdit

Word

I have attached screen shots of: (1) The Accordance Window; (2) Pages w/Helena; (3) Word w/Helena

I can e-mail (wasn't allowed to upload it) the generated RTF file that was saved when the Greek font was set to Helena.

OS X 10.4.10 all apps are the most current version w/updates from their respective companies.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Rich

post-241-1182959291_thumb.jpg

post-241-1182959317_thumb.jpg

post-241-1182959346_thumb.jpg

Are you using version 7.2.1 or 7.3? This was supposed to be corrected in the latest version.

I'm using 7.2.1. I ran the update widget on Monday and didn't see a new version. I now see that 7.3 (today) is on the website :blink: --Thanks. I will try this when I have access to my Mac.

So...RTF export ("Save As Text") with Helena is fixed in this version?

I have no font problems within Accordance (displaying, printing), no duplicate fonts, etc.---the issue I am experiencing is specifically the one stated above.

Thanks,

Rich

I tried this with 7.3 the behavior is no different.

Downloads are on this thread:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=1691

I'm having a problem when I save an article from NIDNTT in RTF with "Helena" font set in the preferences for Greek. The problem is the file doesn't look correctly when opened in any program.

I also tried Unicode & SPIonic and these seem to work. Here's the results of the testing:

Helena - Displays incorrectly with:

Mellel

Pages

TextEdit

Word

Unicode - Displays correctly with:

Mellel

Pages

TextEdit

SPIonic - Displays correctly with:

Mellel

Pages

TextEdit

Word

I have attached screen shots of: (1) The Accordance Window; (2) Pages w/Helena; (3) Word w/Helena

I can e-mail (wasn't allowed to upload it) the generated RTF file that was saved when the Greek font was set to Helena.

OS X 10.4.10 all apps are the most current version w/updates from their respective companies.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Rich

This is the old problem of Apple substituting the shift-option-k which is the wide overstrike rough breathing, with the apple character. We have corrected it in 7.2 by substituting shift-j which is the medium overstrike, when we export by copy-and-paste or drag-and-drop. It seems we neglected the save as RTF export. That will have to wait for the next rev.

In the meantime you can either choose one of the export methods that does automatically substitute, or you can do a find and replace for the offending apples yourself.

I hope this helps.

Helen:

Thanks. This is what I needed to know. Now I know its a deterministic issue and not something specific to my install/config.

Will use Unicode or SPIonic for now (even though SPIonic doesn't have as nice a bold as Helena ;) ).

Best regards,

Rich

Archived