Easy Install error

Susan

I have never been successful in installing anything on my iPhone (iOS 9.0.2) Accordance app despite successfully signing into my account and being able to see all of my purchases. I have now removed the app and reinstalled it, updated the phone, and continue to get the same message:

There was an error attempting to download the file via FTP. Please contact technical support.

Any ideas about what I should do next?

Thanks.

I am not 100% sure, I have seen that error myself and usually when my connection speed is very slow (I have satellite internet and unless i am downloading in off hours it is hit and miss). Have you ever attempted at going to someplace where there is a free hot spot and try there... Here in Canada the Walmarts and McDonalds all have free wifi, albeit throttled. This is the best advice I am able to offer unfortunately.

-Dan

PS: For what it is worth, I successfully just install my Understanding the Bible Commentary series on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9.0.2, my husband has said he has found the internet awfully slow today so my thought may not be your issue.

Edited by Dan Francis

Thanks, Dan. I’ve been attempting this on my home wireless on which I downloaded all of Accordance on my laptop (and iPad), so I’m pretty sure it’s not a speed issue. (For fun, I also just tried on a work wireless connection, also quite fast, and I’m still getting the same message. It pops up after only a few seconds of “trying”.)

One more item if all else fails one could try a complete reinstall, but I realize doing a master reset and resetting up your phone with fresh software is drastic, and not something one usually wants to do. I had to do that recently when one of the iOS 8 failed to update on my iPad 3rd gen and I had to download through iTunes a fresh copy.

-Dan