Drew Brown

I'm a longtime Accordance user who is beginning mission work in Portuguese-speaking countries. I am doing theological education among growing pastors in areas where there are little or no theological resources available. I am DYING for Accordance to add some modern tagged Portuguese Bibles (NVI or NTLH). The current one offered (which I have) is quite old and there is no tagging. Oh what I would give if you added this!

Sincerely,

Sleepless in South America

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

I'd like to see NVI tagged in Accordance as well.  I have the NVI text (not tagged)  in other resources, but searching is a painful process.  It would be amazing to be able to use it in tandem with the NIV 2011!  The Almeida is useful but difficult for a place where people do not read a lot and the level of literacy is lower. 

• Like 1

We're working on it.

We have contacted the Bible Society in Brazil about licensing the updated Almeida tagged with Strong's numbers, but have not yet heard back from them.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Hi Timothy,

I am not sure if you have received a reply from the Brazilian Bible Society yet. I am also eager for a tagged bible option in Portuguese. I have spoken to my father who has a very good acquaintance and pastor friend that is a director on the board of the society. He will be reaching out to the pastor regarding this topic. 

Welbr

• Like 2

I'd really appreciate that effort, Welbr. I still haven't heard from them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to also step in and say that this would be incredibly useful for me as well as I use the Almeida version daily and would love for it to share the same features and formatting of its English counterparts (ESV, etc). Is there any way that we perhaps can contact them directly and request that this may be considered?

Regards

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just checking in on this request to see if any headway has been made with the Brazilian Bible Society or if there is any way that we as users can assist?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello,

A few months have passed and I was wondering if any headway has been made on this front?

Regards,

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Please add my name to the list of those waiting for this module addition!