Set Hebrew to display as unpointed text

Michel Gilbert

I downloaded the unpointed Hebrew text module from the exchange.  Double clicked on the accordance icon, looked in my accordance program but the item does not show up in my accordance. 

Can anyone help?

windows 10

accordance 11.1.1

HI Gordon, it should be at the bottom of your texts section. It will be called UHB∘ (that’s the superscripted degree symbol)

post-29509-0-01488700-1448278206_thumb.png

Ken,

I looked at the bottom of the texts but it doesn't show up.  I even tried copying into the acc file where I have a couple of other items that I got from the exchange, but it still doesn't show up

windows 10

accordance 11.1.1

it should be at the bottom of your texts section.

Hi Ken,

The bottom of the list? It's the text that started everything, the root from which sprung all the biblical texts and modules in Acc; there would be no Accordance without it. As such, it should enjoy pride of place at the top!  :)

I looked at the bottom of the texts but it doesn't show up.  I even tried copying into the acc file where I have a couple of other items that I got from the exchange, but it still doesn't show up

Hi Gordon,

When it first came up on the Exchange, I double-clicked on the .zip file and it displayed instantly. I think Acc was open in Windows when I did it, but it wasn't open on my Mac. It opened Acc on the Mac and displayed it instantly also.

Have you checked c:\Program Data\Accordance\Modules\Texts\ UHB.acc2   to see if it's there?

I have Win 8.1; Daniel said it worked with Win 7. Perhaps it's a Windows 10 thing?

Hope you can get it working.

Regards to both,

Michel

Does one of you guys read the manuals? ;)

There is one interesting sentence it the new Accordance Font paper, which came out with 11.1

In the second page

An Accordance Unicode font is in preparation  

It would not surprise me if Accordance 12 is full on unicode. And then many of the posts here are irrelevant. Then can we compare Accordance texts with the SBLGNT or so. That sound great. And all has the same font and so on...

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Hi Fabian,

But it doesn't mean they will allow us to show or hide the vowel points/accents. Like Helen said, "It's not a trivial programming task to allow them to be turned off in the display." Presumably, though, it will be easier to program in Unicode.

Regards,

Michel

Yes you are in my opinion correct. That's why I wrote "many". But maybe it will come as other Bible SW which are based on unicode has it.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi again,

Yes, I thought it meant an Acc Unicode font for all their texts, like in Logos.

Regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I just copied it into the folder that you suggested, but it still doesn't show up in the accordance program under text or anywhere else in the library when I open accordance

windows 10

accordance 11.1.1

Edited by Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Hopefully someone else can help you.

Regards,

Michel

It would not surprise me if Accordance 12 is full on unicode. 

I see you made a prophecy about WIVU. Did you have a prophetic vision about Acc's Unicode font? Maybe you saw 11.1.2 and not 12?  :)

• Like 1

Honestly I thought since I have Accordance it will come with the 12. And what I see what is coming in 11.1 then OakTree is on a good way.

Gordon, I don't have Accordance on a Windows machine. I have bought especially for Accordance a Mac. But I can download it, double click to extract, and double click on the UHB° and then I have it open in Accordance like a Word file which we can open in this way.

Greetings

Fabian

Can you make Imported Bibles too in Win?

Michel can you delete it and try to download again to test with your Win machine?

Edited by Fabian

Michel can you delete it and try to download again to test with your Win machine?

Hi,

You know what, it doesn't work with double-click today like it did the first day it was posted. And, when I copy the extracted UHB.acc2 file into c:\Program Data\Accordance\Modules\Texts\ , it doesn't load into Accordance.

So, Gordon is right. Something changed since last week, either in the file, in Acc, or in Windows. Ken will have to look into this.

Deepest apologies Gordon, I was assuming that nothing had changed since last week.

Regards,

Michel 

• Like 1

On my Mac it works. But I was today in connection with Ken, because the "Search Range" from the Exchange doesn't work by me. And this is also not solved till now. Maybe this has a causal connection. 

So I know the sun is rising soon in Down Under and Ken have maybe time to give a look on that.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I believe there was some issue with double-clicking on a module to open it recently. I cannot recall what I did but I probably just yused File->Open... and navigate to the user bible and that should open it. It won't initially appear in the library, it will have to be opened first. Once you've opened it once it will be added to the library.

I normally put user bibles under Shared User Bibles rather than Texts.

Thx

D

User Bibles used to be automatically imported to Shared User Bibles, but now they are imported to Texts.

Oh ok - many thanx for that Helen - I didn't realize it had changed.

Thx

D

Michel,

Thanks very much for the clarification and for sending me the file.  It is now installed and works great.

• Like 1

Michel,

Thanks very much for the clarification and for sending me the file.  It is now installed and works great.

Great!

• Like 1

An Accordance Unicode font is in preparation  

It would not surprise me if Accordance 12 is full on unicode. 

The question would be are those simply Unicode fonts for exporting text, or are those fonts to be used internally in Accordance databases? If, those are fonts to be used internal how much time and effort will it take to convert all their databases to Unicode and to proof them for conversion errors? 

Edited by bkMitchell

I believe the second, but thats are only a wild guess. And the conclusion of what I see and what Joel has wrote to me, about a question from me to compare Greek User Bibles and modules from Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

And the conclusion of what I see and what Joel has wrote to me, about a question from me to compare Greek User Bibles and modules from Accordance.

That sounds promising then!

User Bibles used to be automatically imported to Shared User Bibles, but now they are imported to Texts.

Any chance we could make them into 'texts' with morphology? Something like this: אמר־1@VQW3MS = אמר־1  Verb qal wawConsec 3 masc sing

Thanks!

That would entail a huge amount of tech support. If anyone seriously has a text they want to tag that would benefit others, he/she is welcome to contact us with a proposal.

• Like 1

Accordance has proved to be a most fascinating program—but I must say its sandboxed methodology truncates true academic research. I would like to add my request here that accordance build in a system to support user based tagging or alter previous tagging decisions. Thanks.

• Like 1