Computer for Accordance

Brian K. Mitchell

The solution at this point would appear to be a monster box with a decent Hypervisor and OSX, Linux, and Windows installed, common file formats and shared disk mounts.

Of just do everything in Java :)

Thx

D

• Like 2

Greetings Michael Miles,

I hope that nobody is bothered that I grabbed this thread to pose some questions.  My apologies if I'm stepping on anyone's feet.

I am the OP of this thread and I find your questions of great interest as I still have yet to buy a new computer. I have heard that new Mac books come out in the spring so I am waiting to make my decision. 

• Like 2

I went ahead and ordered the MacBook Pro at BestBuy as they had it for $100 less than Apple.   I'm going to partition the 512gb drive so Win10 gets a chunk.  I'm not much for Windows, but the rest of the world seems to be.

Greetings Michael Miles,

I am the OP of this thread and I find your questions of great interest as I still have yet to buy a new computer. I have heard that new Mac books come out in the spring so I am waiting to make my decision. 

If you want to keep up with the best timing for buying a new Apple device of any kind, this is the place to go.

• Like 1

I went ahead and ordered the MacBook Pro at BestBuy as they had it for $100 less than Apple.   I'm going to partition the 512gb drive so Win10 gets a chunk.  I'm not much for Windows, but the rest of the world seems to be.

The 15" MBP showed up today.  Yow!  I'm making a Windows 10 ISO file even as I type this.  Going to try that Boot Camp thing maybe tomorrow night after I get home from the salt mine.

The first thing that I noticed on the 15" besides the great screen was that I don't have to reach so far back to reach the keys like I do on the 2011 17" MBP.  I can get rid of the elbow pads now.

I'm going to wipe the drive on the MacBook Air and install ONLY Accordance and maybe Mellel.  That's my focus machine.   And it's small enough to put on my lap in the recliner while the cat squeezes in.

If you want to keep up with the best timing for buying a new Apple device of any kind, this is the place to go.

Thank you! I did not know about that website before.

LOL.  I got the new MacBook Pro all set up with splitting the 512GB SSD into two partitions with Windows 10 Pro on one partition.  I installed BibleWorks and Office 2016 and then went to install Accordance.  I was not aware that there were any limits on how many times you can install Accordance, but I have magically hit that number.  So, I have no Accordance on either the OS X partition or the Windows partition.  This is not good.  I left an email with Accordance assuring them that I regularly wipe entire OS installations for whatever whim strikes me that day.

Hopefully, I'll be able to install Accordance on this new machine sometime soon.

:(

LOL.  I got the new MacBook Pro all set up with splitting the 512GB SSD into two partitions with Windows 10 Pro on one partition.  I installed BibleWorks and Office 2016 and then went to install Accordance.  I was not aware that there were any limits on how many times you can install Accordance, but I have magically hit that number.  So, I have no Accordance on either the OS X partition or the Windows partition.  This is not good.  I left an email with Accordance assuring them that I regularly wipe entire OS installations for whatever whim strikes me that day.

Hopefully, I'll be able to install Accordance on this new machine sometime soon.

:(

BTW, Windows 10 screams on this laptop.  I just may start to like Windows again.

wow.  So, I drop the new MBP and go open Accordance on the MBA and that computer tells me that I have used Accordance too many times and shuts me out.  I only have one day off this week and I won't be able to use Accordance, it appears.  Nice.   :)

That sounds like a trial version of Accordance. If you have an Accordance account and I am sure you must, then you might try signing in to the software through the validation service and seeing if that changes anything. And/or downloading the full version of Accordance again from the following link http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Installers/

• Like 1

That sounds like a trial version of Accordance. If you have an Accordance account and I am sure you must, then you might try signing in to the software through the validation service and seeing if that changes anything. And/or downloading the full version of Accordance again from the following link http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Installers/

Nope,  It's a bone-fide real deal Accordance program.  The MacBook Air is locked out, the 17" MacBook Pro is locked out, and probably the old Lenovo T61p that I just relegated out to the garage won't work either.  The Accordance on my iPhone works.  I'm probably 1 wipe of the phone away from losing that as well.  LOL.

This is what pops up before your account gets locked:

post-31033-0-58605900-1448178491_thumb.png

This happened to me years ago with BibleWorks and they know that I gut operating systems on a regular basis.  I never felt the need to tell Accordance until today.

Suddenly, I feel like only investing in printed books.  

post-31033-0-49864600-1448178768_thumb.jpg

Time to fire up Xcode and write my own Bible software.  I'll name it Massorah and only 17 people will know what that is.   :)  I'll put Logos out of business.  <------

Thanks for the explanation I now understand the issue a lot more, because I experienced this (or something like this) with BW when I used to go change out my PC's more often. I am guessing this some type of DRM or precaution that some software companies implement to prevent their software from being pirated.  

Time to fire up Xcode and write my own Bible software.  I'll name it Massorah and only 17 people will know what that is.    

Oh, I am sure a lot more would know what Massorah means, but I understand your point. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation I now understand the issue a lot more, because I experienced this (or something like this) with BW when I used to go change out my PC's more often. I am guessing this some type of DRM or precaution that some software companies implement to prevent their software from being pirated.  

Oh, I am sure a lot more would know what Massorah means, but I understand your point. 

I'm actually quite surprised that more people do not consider the Massorah in their studies.  Maybe I should invest some time in that massorah.net web site to show some nifty examples of how it locks in bits of Old Testament understanding.

Oh, and you should definitely look at the 15" MBP Retina for your new computer.  It is a very slick and well built machine.  

Oh, and you should definitely look at the 15" MBP Retina for your new computer.  It is a very slick and well built machine.  

The MBP does look nice, but the price at least where I live is much higher than what it would be in the states. That, is part of the reason I am waiting for a newer model than the one I want to be released.

• Like 1

wow.  So, I drop the new MBP and go open Accordance on the MBA and that computer tells me that I have used Accordance too many times and shuts me out.  I only have one day off this week and I won't be able to use Accordance, it appears.  Nice.   :)

Hi Michael, give Support a Skype or a live chat and they will clear that up. We do keep track of how many devices that Acc is activated on with the one user name. It is at least some attempt at encouraging people to keep to the licence agreement of 5 devices. It is easily remedied. Sorry I can’t do it,

• Like 1

The MBP does look nice, but the price at least where I live is much higher than what it would be in the states. That, is part of the reason I am waiting for a newer model than the one I want to be released.

Yours will probably have a backlit keyboard that changes key display to suit your input language and extra chrome.  You'll enjoy it a bunch.

The nice people at Accordance understand my geeky ways and unlocked my account.  Now I can groove again.

Hi Michael, give Support a Skype or a live chat and they will clear that up. We do keep track of how many devices that Acc is activated on with the one user name. It is at least some attempt at encouraging people to keep to the licence agreement of 5 devices. It is easily remedied. Sorry I can’t do it,

Thank you Ken.  The nice folks there at Accordance took into account my OCD when it comes to computers and were kind enough to cut me some slack.  Accordance is the best.  :)

Thank you Ken.  The nice folks there at Accordance took into account my OCD when it comes to computers and were kind enough to cut me some slack.  Accordance is the best.  :)

Thanks Michael, as a (very) part time employee and a long long term customer, I completely agree. Stellar team.