Don't dismiss the Bible translations

Fabian

As I look over this discussion, I wonder if Accordance can beat the utility of the free Biblehub.com system for easily comparing oodles of translations?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We still need more Bible translations for the orphaned BW users and others which others and I have requested.

Greetings

Fabian

• 3 months later...

A quote from the L company (German part): "Der Erfolg von [brand L] Deutsch steht und fällt natürlich mit der Bibliothek." Translation: "The success of [brand L] Deutsch depends, of course, on the library."

This is in my opinion true for Bibles, Tools etc. by brand L and for Accordance. 

Maybe in 200 years everybody has English as mother-tongue, but till then more Bibles and Tools in different languages are important. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

I would prefer Hebrew over English.....     :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Fabian

I never heard about this translation. And we have already the better Delitzsch translation and also the one from the bible society in Israel with tagging, I'm satisfied with that resources.

To follow my thinking: here a good link: http://delitz.fr

One could ask, why Accordance tagged the bible society one....

but I found now ways in Accordance to live with this situation.

I'm expecting more messianic jewish texts or from jewish teachers like D. Flusser or Josef Shulam, Nanos etc. Even in English :D

• 1 year later...

I really hope Accordance invest more in foreign Bibles. 

If I go to the Forums of other Bible software companies the users all complain about the non existent Bible for their language. (This I have seen on all forums.) Or hope their Bible software company purchase another Bible software company to get more Bibles. (This I have seen on the L forums)

It's a shame to called this sort of software "Bible software" as the Bibles are by far the least product you and they develop. This is true for Accordance, Logos, OliveTree, etc.

Just simple stop to say "We are the best Bible software on the market" etc. as this term use all other Bible softwares too. Bring Bibles and the people will recognize and purchase it without this stupid claims.

As it is forbidden to link to other Bible softwares, I don't post the links here, but that doesn't mean they are non existent. 

If you wanna grow, you have to deliver!

Fabian

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2017 at 12:24 PM, TCanji said:

I'd greatly appreciate including a Croatian Bible in that process - Biblija Stari i Novi Zavjet, by Kršćanska Sadašnjost, 2016. edition.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:55 PM, Noregon said:

I would like to see the Modern English Version (MEV) It is a modern word for word version that is translated from the Textus Receptus like the KJV.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:45 PM, Enoch said:

What's it all about, Alfy? (Alford's Greek Testament commentary, 19th century).

On 5/13/2018 at 4:45 AM, Enoch said:

The Exclusive Bible: The First Libertarian Translation: Laymen for Liberty

Please add