NEW! JUDGES (Word Biblical Commentary, vol. 8)

R. Mansfield

JUST RELEASED for the Accordance Library: Trent Butler's JUDGES (Word Biblical Commentary, vol 8). For a limited time, get 35% off with introductory pricing!

For more information, see the following:

WBC Judges.png
  • Like 1

Hi rick, thanks for the heads up. Can you give any more information on the set update you mention in the blog for those who have the current 58 set. ;o)

Eg when and what enhancements it will include

Also any new on the acts volume?

Thanks

I'm not certain what I can tell you. By update, I didn't mean to imply "new features." I just meant that there will be a later edition that will incorporate the Judges volume into the Old Testament one-volume set. 

Acts is definitely in the pipeline. One of our devs might see this and be able to give more information.

Neither Acts nor 1Cor have been published yet.

Neither Acts nor 1Cor have been published yet.

Whoops. Scratch what I said about Acts being in the pipeline. I must've been thinking of a different title.

Thanks rick2, just wondered if anything else would be done but that makes sense.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

No problem; It's a bit confusing because there is conflicting information online, but we've confirmed that those two volumes are not yet finished.

And, yes, we are planning to start soon on several more updated or new volumes. 

• Like 3

If the update for the WBC-OT set is coming soon some of us might prefer to wait. Hopefully it will come within the window of the discounted price.  

I know some may think, just go ahead and buy the individual volume, but such clogs up the library (and disk space), or they continually show up in the Easy Install. I purchased several individual volumes of Pillar before getting the whole set. So I would prefer the updated set. 

• Like 1

Rick Bennett can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the updated OT set will be completed before the time for introductory pricing on Judges is up (June 29). If you want this volume, I'd recommend getting it now while it's at a discount.

There may end up being no more updates in general since Accordance allows combining of multiple modules to act as one module.... I would love to update my Accordance WBC but seeing as I own this volume in Logos and my budget is limited I am going to pass till a later date... having used this volume a fair amount it is a must have in my mind....

-Dan

Rick Bennett can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the updated OT set will be completed before the time for introductory pricing on Judges is up (June 29). If you want this volume, I'd recommend getting it now while it's at a discount.

That's too bad since it sort of makes it awkward for existing customers who already bought the set.

The release of the individual Judges volume should be seen as a temporary measure. We had it ready to go and knew that many of you would want it as soon as possible as opposed to waiting.

• Like 1

Totally... Except that you said the special pricing won't apply to those of us who have already purchased the set and would like to have it integrated...

I'm glad people will get it as quickly as possible. I'm disappointed as an existing customer I won't be able to for the same price. That's all :)

Edited by jeremyduncan

The new set will be available free or cheap to those of us who have stayed up to date by purchasing individual volumes right? Also, Clines volumes on Job may be the highlight of the entire WBC OT collection. His second volume is available. When will it be available in Accordance?

Totally... Except that you said the special pricing won't apply to those of us who have already purchased the set and would like to have it integrated...

Actually, that's not what I said. In the blog, I wrote, "At that time users who have purchased the individual Judges volume will not have to pay for it again" in reference to the expanded set that is to be released later. We're having to pay additional royalties on the Judges volume above what is already paid for the current set, so Judges is not a free upgrade. 

We're always happy to pass along free upgrades when the publisher doesn't charge us extra for something like a new volume, but that is simply not the case here.

The new set will be available free or cheap to those of us who have stayed up to date by purchasing individual volumes right? Also, Clines volumes on Job may be the highlight of the entire WBC OT collection. His second volume is available. When will it be available in Accordance?

No, the Judges volume represents additional royalties to the publisher, so we have to charge for the addition of that volume. I'm not certain as to when the new Job volume will be available. Rick Bennett may be able to answer this.

So if one buys the Judges volume now, the integrated OT module will be at no additional cost?

So if one buys the Judges volume now, the integrated OT module will be at no additional cost?

I realize as I reply I have no actual information, but I would guess as historically been the case your purchase of the volume will get factored into the upgrade price.... The actual "new more complete upgraded WBC OT" could be many months away (I am sure others know better but the two Job volumes need adding not to mention revised volumes for Joshua).

-Dan

I really appreciate the way you structure the index so we can easily move between references, commentary and notes, really helpful for us ios users once unsynched ( cant attach image in this thread apparently) but thank you!

However, i look forward to the day we can combine ot and nt related texts as you can in the full fat version! Hint hint

;o)

• Like 1

Yes. From the WBC Judges product page:

This volume is currently available only as a stand-alone volume. It will be included in the next major update to the Word Biblical Commentary sets (listed below), at no additional cost for those who purchase this stand-alone volume prior to the release of the newer sets.

• Like 6

Sorry R. Mansfield, I was just going by what I read in the forum. Thanks for clarifying :)

Does this mean the revised Pss 1–50 volume (also about ten years old!) is also around the corner?  ;)

Yes. From the WBC Judges product page:

This volume is currently available only as a stand-alone volume. It will be included in the next major update to the Word Biblical Commentary sets (listed below), at no additional cost for those who purchase this stand-alone volume prior to the release of the newer sets.

Yes ... and no. It is my understanding that we are waiting for other volumes before re-creating the larger sets in order to eliminate additional confusing upgrade paths. When the additional volumes are final (I do NOT know what those volumes are), we will re-create the WBC-OT, WBC-NT, WBC-OT/NT sets as necessary.

For those who purchase the current Judges volume, there will be a corresponding "credit" toward any future purchase of a larger set that contains Judges ... you will not pay for it again! So if the "integrated OT module" contains the addition of Judges and, say perhaps, a Job volume, the purchase of the new larger set would only be paying for the Job volume.

So "Yes" ... the down-the-road integrated larger module would be "at no additional cost" ... for the Judges volume.

But "No" ... there will be an additional cost for any other volumes included.

• Like 6

Yes ... and no. It is my understanding that we are waiting for other volumes before re-creating the larger sets in order to eliminate additional confusing upgrade paths. When the additional volumes are final (I do NOT know what those volumes are), we will re-create the WBC-OT, WBC-NT, WBC-OT/NT sets as necessary.

For those who purchase the current Judges volume, there will be a corresponding "credit" toward any future purchase of a larger set that contains Judges ... you will not pay for it again! So if the "integrated OT module" contains the addition of Judges and, say perhaps, a Job volume, the purchase of the new larger set would only be paying for the Job volume.

So "Yes" ... the down-the-road integrated larger module would be "at no additional cost" ... for the Judges volume.

But "No" ... there will be an additional cost for any other volumes included.

Thanks for the lucid answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally, there are always three prices that are indicated during a special on a particular tool or text.

1. List price
  2. Regular price
  3. Sale or Introductory price

In this tool, I only see the list price and the introductory price. 

What is the regular price going to be after the introductory price expires tonight? :)

Generally, if no other "regular price" is stated, the Regular Price and the List Price are the same. In this case, the price will be $54.90 after the sale ends tonight.