Inserting pictures or PDF into user note/tools

mrderek

It appears I've been presumptuous in asking the above question given the teasing video about 11.1 posted to my inbox this morning...

Many apologies and I wait in hope!

Dave

• Like 1

I don't know the release date for 11.1 (our developers probably don't know yet either :-) 

But our biggest event of the year, ETS/SBL, begins November 17th. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Accordance people! :-)

11.1 is way cool and does everything I was hoping for!

Dave

• Like 1

For the user notes and PDFs: Doesn't the new notes in 11.1 allow for this by adding the path file...?

Is there something else needed? Getting images...? Of the PDFs...?

Thanks! For the 11.1 update!

G'day

I'm no expert, but for what its worth this is how I am using links now (what I've been waiting for)

I upload lectures, journals, text notes, translations... basically anything about a passage that I feel like keeping into Evernote....

Evernote produces a URL for each note/resources... I used to put this link into a 'User Tool' and then go to a 'User Note' that I have in parallel with the main Bible I was using and write something like 'See User Tool'

NOW... with the awesome 11.1

I can put this link direct into the 'User Note' that I always have in parallel with the main Bibles that I regularly use....

Hope that makes sense and/or helps

Thanks

Dave

• Like 3

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

We're really pleased this feature is now available for you and others. Thank you too for your patience.

I upload lectures, journals, text notes, translations... basically anything about a passage that I feel like keeping into Evernote....

Evernote produces a URL for each note/resources... I used to put this link into a 'User Tool' and then go to a 'User Note' that I have in parallel with the main Bible I was using and write something like 'See User Tool'

NOW... with the awesome 11.1

David, you and I are in great agreement here. I'm a heavy Evernote user (currently have almost 1200 notes in Evernote), and I, too, see all kinds of new potential with 11.1. Even more so, now with the enhanced User Tools, I may be inclined to add some things to Accordance instead of Evernote. I said years ago that if I could keep everything in Accordance, I would. I think we're getting closer :-)

G'day,

Yes, Evernote is slowly truly becoming an actual extension of my brain...

Not sure If I'd have 'everything in Accordance' just yet though. The multi platform nature of Evernote means I can access stuff in more places than I could with Accordance... although that said, I'm trying to think of times when I don't have my Mac with me... and there are not very many :-/ 

Dave

I don't think I'd want to keep recipes (what few I know!) in Accordance... but maybe that would inspire me to cook more often!

Okay, okay, maybe there was a bit of hyperbole in my statement about keeping everything in Accordance. However, take articles for instance. There are a number of articles in the past I would have much rather had in Accordance, but perhaps they had crucial images. Accordance wasn't even an option then. Now it is. Or now I can add not only a sermon I preached but JPEGs of the Keynote slides as well. 

• Like 1

take articles for instance. 

Just out interest... If you create a 'User Tool' or similar out of someone's article from JBL or where ever... How do you maintain their intellectual property rights given 'User Tools' can now be edited and fiddled with....

I'm wondering if merely keeping the actual copy in Evernote and linking to the actual copy is a better way of doing this?

Dave

If you create a 'User Tool' or similar out of someone's article from JBL or where ever... How do you maintain their intellectual property rights given 'User Tools' can now be edited and fiddled with....

I'm wondering if merely keeping the actual copy in Evernote and linking to the actual copy is a better way of doing this?

If the article is from a copyrighted source, I can use it for my own purposes, but I can't distribute it to others without permission. If I had a JBL article that I had made into a User Tool, that would be fine as long as I didn't give copies away.

• Like 1