Horizontal Resource Palette Moves?

William Cross

Love the new Horizontal Resource Palette feature, but on my 15inch PowerBook G4 when I position the pallette along the top of the screen just below the MenuBar and then quit Accordance and relaunch it, the palette reappears in the same position but about a quater of it's height below the MenuBar. It seems this only happens if it is touching the menu bar. If it is positioned one pixel off the MenuBar it keeps its position.

William,

I, too, have noticed that's how it works. I wish these palettes "docked" to the sides and bottom of the window and menu bar like many modern apps do. I really like the way this works in various apps (like Adium). You can drag the item anywhere but when it gets close to the window side or bottom or bottom of the menu, it pops into place. Very clean interface in my opinion.

The Accordance palette can be moved underneath the menu halfway even, but if there's a single pixel overlapping the menu bar, it gets repositioned at restart. The solution is to keep a one-pixel gap between the palette and the menu bar.

Archived