flex search but I don't want it...

ryangeer

I checked my preferences and "flex search" is not selected. But I still get results that don't match the text I searched for. Do I have to put it in quotes in order to not get the flex results?

I searched for: grace upon grace and got...

John 1:16 For from hhis fullness we have all received, igrace upon grace.*
Acts 4:33 And with great npower the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and ogreat grace was upon them all. 
1Cor. 3:10   rAccording to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a sfoundation, and tsomeone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 
2Cor. 9:14 while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. 
2Cor. 12:9 But he said to me, j“My grace is sufficient for you, for kmy power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that lthe power of Christ may rest upon me.  

Ryan, the Flex Search preference only applies to new tabs.  If you look under the Search Options menu, which is found by clicking on the Magnifying Glass on the left side of your entry box, you should be able to set your preference for just this search tab.

Hi Ryan,

Click on the spyglass to drop down as shown in the screen shot. Change from flex search to exact search. That should fix you.post-29479-0-29401300-1430922107_thumb.png

Edited by Tony Lawrence

Thank you both!