Accordance 11.0.5 Update Details (MACINTOSH/OS X)

R. Mansfield

Improved export capabilities, updated colors, report topic corrections, and many improvements and fixes across the board.

New Features

▪   Copy as Citation and Copy as Bibliography is now supported directly from the Research tab

▪   Get Verses can now automatically insert the currently selected text or reference in the front app.

▪   Report a Correction for Topics is now accessible in the Enter Topics dialog, and the Info Pane right click

Changes and Improvements

▪   Added two new default Colors and reordered the color menu

▪   Added Copy As Citation and Copy as Bibliography to the Right-click menu for Research

▪   Removed 2nd Aorist, 2nd Perfect, and 2nd Pluperfect tags, as no texts use these tags anymore

▪   Verse references are highlighted for all contexts > 0, rather than just All context

▪   Collapsed/minimized Windows are given the appropriate status in the Windows menu, like hidden ones are

▪   When cycling through pictures, if in a popover, the cycled pictures will be the relevant pictures from the search or research

▪   Improved autoscroll interaction and options

▪   When installing a replacement or upgrade, the replaced item is moved to the bottom of its folder in the Library

▪   Instant Details on an original text shows key number subtags, if present

▪   Tool Table of Contents now replace tabs with spaces for better rendering

▪   Errors occurring during User Bible import now show better location information

▪   Added Disable Dropbox and Disable Auto-updates to Safe Mode options

▪   Improved Instant Details display of Syntax Speech description

▪   All Library folders now open or close all subfolders upon option-click

▪   Slideshow mode now requires only the active window to have one zone, rather than all open windows

▪   Right-click on an existing user note icon gives options to add notes to other user notes files

▪   Support for liturgical based devotionals

▪   Updated help files

Bug fixes

▪   Fixed extra 'Add Notes' button on User Tool tabs

▪   Fixed crash when editing a new note on a tool, if there is no location selected

▪   Fixed ID display of inflected words with multiple superscripts

▪   Fixed the blink point to not disappear while using the arrow keys

▪   Fixed simultaneous Research searches to support more than 2 at a time

▪   Fixed crash when loading a daily reading for tools that don't have daily readings

▪   Fixed infinite cycle crashes of INFER and HITS

▪   Fixed missing characters when getting Tool Notes title excerpts

▪   Fixed crash after Check for Updates

▪   Fixed Human Readable names to always get the most up-to-date version

▪   Fixed Dropbox partial syncs to not create unneeded conflicts

▪   Significant changes and improvements to the entry, rendering, and handling of right to left and mixed direction unicode text

▪   Fixed diagram items not appearing at the exact drop location from the palette

▪   Fixed crash when clicking on an empty workspace, if the toolbar search field had focus

▪   Fixed Research crash when searching old modules for punctuation or brackets

▪   Fixed bug when pasting into the toolbar search field, it pastes into an entry box as well

▪   Fixed Research display of certain text excerpts that corrupted the output

▪   Fixed occasional crash after drag and drop of a tab

▪   Fixed rendering of Adobe Garamond Pro

▪   Fixed crash when loading a session with tab link name conflicts

▪   Fixed Info pane rendering after a batch resize

▪   Fixed font bar recent fonts to show the proper checked item

▪   Fixed ability to click the 'OK' button when in the Define Site Layers dialog

▪   Fixed Copy as Interlinear to properly load interlinear information for all verses

▪   Fixed editing a user note for an unknown verse to show the 'Choose Verse' dialog

▪   Fixed right-click Lookup Dictionary from an analysis tab

▪   Fixed crash with invalid TOPIC search entries

▪   Fixed crash when copying certain rows of a Word Chart tab

▪   Fixed Quick Entry handling of negation sign

▪   Fixed Shift-option click to add/remove range from Tool Table of Contents

▪   Fixed error messages when looking up Atlas and Timeline dictionary information in the instant details

▪   Fixed superscript export during Citation and Get Verses

▪   Fixed Get Verses export to maintain style information

▪   Fixed ability to amplify to User Tool or User Note

▪   Favorite workspaces are better maintained between sessions

▪   Fixed instant details interaction during a Slideshow

▪   Fixed scrolling by thumb in an Atlas or Timeline tab

▪   Fixed Edit windows to not be too narrow when over a small pane

▪   Fixed Bar Chart rendering for small zones

▪   Fixed drop marker when creating a new tab, if the tab area is hidden

▪   Fixed bug that added extra lines in between notes when resolving conflicts

▪   Many other misc. bug fixes

Rick,

Great to see the way Accordance is regularly being worked on so extensively.

Can you explain why you've made the change; 

'▪   When installing a replacement or upgrade, the replaced item is moved to the bottom of its folder in the Library'

It seems to me every time there's a minor upgrade to one of my modules, after installing it, I'm then going to have to put it back in the place I want it in my library. Is that the case or have I misunderstood?

thanks

ray

Hi Ray!

First, you are to be commended for reading the upgrade notes!

The bullet you mentioned above applies only to installation of new modules were there is an old module that won't be nearly as useful after the install. This applies to modules like the recent NAC upgrades, NIV11-GK vs. NIV11, HMT-W4 vs BHS-W4, etc. 

Ultimately, this change should not affect anyone in a negative way.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

hi -- I just watched to Dr. J's podcast on Accordance Mobile 2.0 -- and I apologize if I missed this! Will my highlights or user notes automatically sync to the iPAD? 

Is there a way to manually sync said items?

Also, if there is such a sync: if I take notes at church while listening to a sermon -- is there a mechanisms whereby such notes can sync-back to my desktop Accordance?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Jonna!

Yes, highlights, user notes and user tools can by synced via a Drop box accounts. If you have your Dropbox credentials added to both your iPad and your Mac or Windows computer, everything will stay in sync automatically. 

You can manually sync items by tapping on the sync icon on your iPad and selecting "Sync with Mobile Device" from the application menu in Accordance. 

Getting a new error on User Bible import that wasn't there before:

The word “Listen” is somehow corrupting the building of this Bible text.
it should be modified before proceeding further.

This is the beginning of my file. There is no text before Deut 1:1

Deut 1:1

Deut 2:1

Deut 3:1

Deut 4:1

Deut 5:1

Deut 6:1

Deut 6:4 Listen Israel, the Lord your God the Lord is one,

Spencer, I just copied and pasted your quote into a new text file, and it imported into Accordance perfectly.  Likely there is something else going wrong, can you attach your entire file, or an abbreviated one that still errors?

How does the Get Verses feature "automatically" insert verses? command-option-A only gives me the choice of copying the verses to the clipboard. I'm sure I'm missing something simple here. Thanks for the help!!

Edited by bishopjso

Bishop, Accordance likely warned you the first few times you used the feature that you need to provide accessibility permissions, in order to insert.  To do it now, (assuming you are on Mavericks or Yosemite - different instructions for the others), go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility, and check the 'Accordance' app to give it permission.  You may need to unlock the page to make changes.

Joel, thanks for looking at it. It hangs up on Ps 78:1 (first post was wrong).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzj1gld639430ib/TBTSC2.txt?dl=1

Delete in BBEdit or in TextWrangler, all spaceline with the "Grep search" "^\r" without quotes. Or similar Regex search and replace in LibreOffice or OpenOffice "^$" with nothing in the replace field.

Second the Word "Listen" on Ps. 78:1 brings Accordance as a problem.

Third delete the Word and retype it again, 

Fourth change to "Western (Mac OS Roman)" and "Classic Mac (CR)

Then import

Greetings

Fabian 

• Like 1

Delete in BBEdit or in TextWrangler, all spaceline with the "Grep search" "^\r" without quotes. Or similar Regex search and replace in LibreOffice or OpenOffice "^$" with nothing in the replace field.

Second the Word "Listen" on Ps. 78:1 brings Accordance as a problem.

Third delete the Word and retype it again, 

Fourth change to "Western (Mac OS Roman)" and "Classic Mac (CR)

Then import

Greetings

Fabian 

Fabian, the encoding seems to be the problem. Needed to be ASCII. it shouldn't since they're supposed to support Unicode now, but oh well. Thank you!

I believe we found this bug already and have fixed it for 11.0.6, which is surprisingly far along already.  Please try again with a unicode import once 11.0.6 is released.

• Like 1

With the workaround that I describe above, I was able to import. And it works well. Even the Analyze and text compare with 11.0.5

Joel comes 11.0.6 with support for Analyze with unicode User Bibles? And compare texts?

Greetings

Fabian