Hebrew Posting backwards

Enoch

I am perplexed.  Today I pasted Hebrew in hotmail & it came out correctly. 

Then I pasted in MS Word for Mac 2008, and it came out reversed.

In Export preferences, there is a box for reversing the order of Hebrew, but it was greyed out, & I saw no way to ungrey it.

interestingly enough pasting to PowerPoint comes out right.  But I couldn't figure a way to move it then from PowerPoint to Word.

Let's see today what happens if I paste here:  (I see it came out right).

8 אָכֵן רוּחַ־הִיא בֶאֱנוֹשׁ וְנִשְׁמַת שַׁדַּי תְּבִינֵם׃

Edited by Enoch

The option to reverse directions is grayed out when the Export all characters in unicode option is selected.  Uncheck that and the reverse option will become available.  

You should be exporting to Unicode, and ignore the Reverse Hebrew direction. You need to upgrade your Word to the 2011 edition. This does accept and handle pasted Hebrew much better than the earlier versions.

You should be exporting to Unicode, and ignore the Reverse Hebrew direction. You need to upgrade your Word to the 2011 edition. This does accept and handle pasted Hebrew much better than the earlier versions.

So there is a Word for Mac 2011.   Thank you.  But how can I just ignore the direction if I am writing a document?

I took a look & it appears that there is Word for Mac 2014 & 2015.  Are you saying that 2011 is better?

Thanks much for your help.

Edited by Enoch

Enoch,

The versions of Word vary depending upon whether you are working on a Mac or a PC. Word for Mac has 2008, 2011, and [in public beta] 2015 versions. Both 2011 and 2015 handle Hebrew better than 2008.

If you are working on a PC (Windows), someone else will have to help you. I don't use Windows.

Try the most recent version of Word with export as Unicode. If it pastes correctly, you're in business. If not, you can then try other options.

• 6 years later...

My Word just did an upgrade, and now when I paste Hebrew text into it, it comes out backwards. The words themselves are spelled correctly with the letters in the right order, but the order of each verse reverses the words. HELP!