v.2.0: Links to Bible verses don't work in user notes

Guntis

I pasted some text in the user notes on my iPad and was pleasantly surprised that Accordance made them into links. But tapping on those links didn't bring up popup window. Tapping on the link creates grey background for that link and that's all. 

Guntis,

Can you post a screenshot with the problematic User Note link that you are trying to get Instant Details by tapping? Also, what is the first Text Module in your Library?

I noticed a bug when the scripture reference was not in the top Text and wanted to see if that was the same issue for you.

Thanks for the feedback,

Mike

First text is NRSVS. Here are screenshots:

post-634-0-88358500-1426880623_thumb.jpg

post-634-0-45205000-1426880640_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the problem:

post-406-0-16944500-1426883234_thumb.png

I added a Psa 22:21 note, typed the last line of your user note, tapped done. The scripture links appear to be auto linked just like yours.

Am I missing something?

Do the other links fail?

All links in user notes fail. The same behavior - link background turns grey and no popup window.

And today links in user notes suddenly started to work. Nothing's done on my part. Go figure...

And today links in user notes suddenly started to work. Nothing's done on my part. Go figure...

None of the links in my User Notes work either.

RANorem

Can you post screenshots (similar to Guntis) of your Text category and bad User Note scripture link?

Mike

RANorem

Can you post screenshots (similar to Guntis) of your Text category and bad User Note scripture link?

Mike

I will have to do some research first since I have never posted a screenshot from my phone. I will try to get back with that soon. Thanks!

RANorem

Mike

Mike, I have made a screenshot but I have not been able to find a way to post it as a thumbnail. Any help with that?  Thanks 

My problem looks just like that which Guntis had before his started working.

Roger

Edited by RANorem

If you "Reply" there is a "More Reply Option" button right down next to "Post". And then you'll be able.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks, Fabian!  Appreciate your help.

post-29964-0-02585900-1428070433_thumb.jpg

I apologize for the repeat, but I think this image is more clear. Thanks

Roger

post-29964-0-48824400-1428076288_thumb.png

Edited by RANorem

My links DO NOT work either! IOS a 2.0

I was able to reproduce the problem with Roger’s Notes (the Deut 4.2 link worked on the desktop but did not in iOS):

post-406-0-23237200-1428099172_thumb.png

We are looking into the problem,

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Additionally, I synced via Dropbox and then checked the SAME links on the my MBP and unfortunately the links DID NOT work there either! I used IOS 2.0 and my desktop is 10.10.3 public beta.

Please disregard my last. They DO work on desktop but DO NOT work on my mini. Sorry

• 3 weeks later...

Mike, I believe that I accidentally stumbled unto a solution to my User Notes problem. I simply re-ordered the list of texts and now the syncing seems to be working fine and the links are intact. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Links in my user notes don't work again...

We have some reproducible cases that we're trying to track down the underlying issue and fix it. If the notes are in a parallel pane try changing to a different text module in the primary pane and see if they start working again.

I posted this in the wrong section, but I think this may be of help so I will copy and paste what I posted there:

I finally identified an issue that I had been having with pop-ups with Accordance for the iOS. Sometimes the Scripture links in my User Notes would pop-up correctly and sometimes they would not. As late as today I sync the notes between my Mac desktop where the instant details would show the links correctly and then on my iPad some would and others would not. 

I looked carefully at the link and noticed that the dash in between Luke 1:16–17 was actually an en dash instead of a normal dash. The Mac version of Accordance recognizes is perfectly, the iOS version did not. When I edited my User Notes with a normal dash, sync again, then presto, it worked perfectly. 

Now, here's the issue, I copied the Scripture reference out of a module. So my guess is that several of the modules were the result of scanning and the en dash was recognized in the place of a normal dash. Perhaps the easiest way to fix this issue is for the iOS version to recognize en dashes along with ordinary ones.

This has been fixed already for v2.0.1 which is currently undergoing internal testing.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1