Search For Key Number in NAS95

proslambano

Several times now I've noticed that right click, Search For, Key Number on one word in the NAS95 yields a search with multiple <AND> keywords -- seems to include all the main words of the verse. (See pic)

The same action in the ESV, NKJV, and HCSB yields the 'expected' result, with just one key number.

This problem seems to repeat until I search on another term in the NAS95. After getting a 'good' result in the NAS95 on another word, I can return to the problem search and get a good result (with only one key number).

In the picture, my key number search was on 'power' in 2 Cor 6:7.

post-32357-0-39002600-1425202507_thumb.png

I tried several times to repeat your problem and only had something similar happen once. In the case i was trying to do a key search from a result window. I am wondering if sometimes doing that brings up former windows searches into it inadvertently. I admit this is a annoying happenstance and hopefully accordance staff can get this sorted out.

-Dan

I don't know if this is relevant. But if one highlights several words and then right clicks and selects Search For -> Key Number then what you see above is expected behaviour.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Dan Francis.

Daniel Semler, I do tend to highlight whole verses / passages as I read (helps with a visual problem) but I always unselect everything before doing a search for a particular word.

Interestingly, I'm having trouble reproducing after getting a correct search to appear. I'll try to pay attention to it if it happens again, to recall the circumstances better.