Extremely slow startup - if at all

Larry Wing

Windows 7 64bit. No new software installed recently. SSD and 16gb RAM.

In the last couple days Acc 11 (v11.04) is extremely slow to start after double clicking.

I start from my desktop icon with nothing else running other than usual background programs.

As an example of what's happening:

1. Double click on icon and wait.

2. At least a minute goes buy (I timed it) and so I double click again. Nothing.

3. I look at Task manager and there are two instances of Accordance running.

4. Suddenly Accordance opens to my default workspace (nothing special, just ESV at Gen 1:1)

5. I exit Accordance

6. a minute or so later Accordance opens again. Looking at Task Manager I see the is only one instance running.

I tried to start only once but gave up after 1 1/2 minutes and nothing happened so I double clicked again. Eventually Accordance started.

I've been able to duplicate at least three times this morning.

Any idea why and more important how to get my fast Accordance back?

Edit - I don't know if it fixed itself or something I've done but it starts up OK now.  Only change is I remembered I'd installed Silverlight the other day so I uninstalled it and that at some point in the past I opened OneNote to see if I would like to use it and after that an icon appeared in the sys tray. I unchecked show in sys tray in options and now it's not running in background.  Now Acc 11 starts up like before.

Edited by Larry Wing

Larry,

You may have had some content updates.  Under 'Utilities -> Check for content update' menu item, you may have the checking set to once a week or once a month.  

When checking for update is done during the app stratup, it makes the app seem sluggish - because there is no visual indication. Once all the content is updated, everything should be back to normal. 

Thank you. As a matter of fact I did have one today.