How to show parallel versions in Instant Details?

ldeck

Often when reading a commentary or similar, the tool may make reference to a passage of Scripture—and for that instance it would be helpful to be able to see both the original language in parallel with some other texts.

Possible configurations that would be helpful, for example:

- BHS / GNT, LXX, ESV

- BHS / GNT, ESV, NIV

etc.

Now I know that you can open the passage up to another pane, but this would being able to quickly view a passage without leaving your place of reading would be helpful.

Any thoughts or tips?

• Like 1

This concept was recently proposed elsewhere on this forum. I liked the idea then and still support it.

I'm not sure how hard to would be to support it, though. I know we are running out of modifier keys, which would be the easiest way to make sure switches.

This concept was recently proposed elsewhere on this forum. I liked the idea then and still support it.

I'm not sure how hard to would be to support it, though. I know we are running out of modifier keys, which would be the easiest way to make sure switches.

Perhaps similar shortcuts as for a Text tab could work? 

It won't allow showing multiple versions simultaneously but could allow you to switch between them easily enough.

Holding shift whilst hovering over a reference freezes the Instant details.

Cmd+1, etc is taken by other commands.

The shortcuts for a Text tab (to switch versions) are ctl+1, ctl+2, etc.

But something related (like ctl+shift+1) to this could be good, allowing you to switch between texts in instant details ?