Commentary reference not linked

ryangeer

It appears, at least in NICNT on windows, that if a reference doesn't have the book name it isn't linking to the passage.

post-27909-0-11276500-1422339531_thumb.jpg

This is because it takes a human reader to determine which book it refers to. If a tool is consistent in its use of such references, we can automate it to refer back either to the last cited book or to the book that is discussed at this point, i.e. the entry. However, this always introduces errors where the rule is not followed. Some tools, particularly those with multiple authors, are so inconsistent that automatic linking creates so many errors and we prefer not to link them. You are welcome to send in each one as a correction.

It appears that many references in the NICNT-Matthew, if not noted as being from another book (just a bare reference like 4:1), point to the appropriate verse in Matthew. That certainly seems to be the convention the NICNT uses. However, it seems that this linking is rather unevenly applied in Accordance. Either the link is dead or (in at least one case in the commentary on Matt 4:1) the link goes to the incorrect verse. ("...is no more defined here than it was for John in 3:1"-->points to John 3:1 rather than Matthew 3:1).

As the only pastor in a small church, I don't have time to send in every one of these I come across. I'll just copy and paste and open a new window. However, at least in the case of the NICNT, the convention seems pretty standard. If there's no book name, the reference is to a verse within the book being commented on.

In a (slightly more) perfect world we would all be able to edit the link ourselves, then upload it to be verified and distributed to all owners of that module.