Right Alt A kills Accordance off if Get Verses is disabled

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Win 7

Acc 11.0.4

I use the EZAccent keyboard from John Schwandt for typing polytonic Greek. It uses right-alt-a to produce . If I have Accordance open this will pop up the Get Verses dialog. Ok so I turned that preference off. Now that keystroke causes Accordance to exit immediately. Mind you this only happens when using the key combination inside LibreOffice. It didn't happen when I did it from Firefox but it did not produce the correct character either. In fact you don't get the character in LibreOffice either when Accordance crashes, but after it's gone then things are fine. So somehow something is being sent to Accordance and it doesn't agree with it.

Any ideas ?

Thx

D

Daniel,

Two bugs in one forum entry! Both will be fixed in the next release.

Right-Alt is a weird key that in every keyboard that supports it with the name AltGr, you will run into the same problem.

I hope that you will find a work around this problem until we put up another build, but in any case, don't check the 'Disable Get Verses' just yet.

Hi Orly,

Many thanx for this. I figured there were two bugs this morning when I thought over this in more detail, but I wonder if my thoughts correspond with the real bugs - just idle curiosity on my part. But I figure the keystroke mapping is not removed when the check box is checked and then the crash out of course.

The w/a I have right now is to put an in the document somewhere (before opening Accordance) and then use c & p to put it where I need it. I can also use a different keyboard mapping. I cannot easily not run Accordance while writing in Greek because my spelling is awful, particularly with accents :) But I'll manage - looking forward to the update.

Thx again.

D