#116) The Gentile Mission

Timothy Jenney

[Accordance 11: Greek Study] In this study of Matt. 28:19, Dr. J dives into the Greek text and points out some of the less obvious features of this familiar passage. The study includes a comparison of the text with a similar one in Mark, underscoring Matthew’s distinctive emphases. This is a wonderful look at Accordance 11 as it is actually used in the exegesis of a Bible passage, using Highlighting, the Info Pane, Research and Parallels.

This one was a lot of fun to produce, more like an actual study I might do on my own. However, be prepared to pause the playback often if you want to read the resources!

https://vimeo.com/117509093

post-29215-0-95357200-1421959139_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Dr. J,

Great podcast. There is an excellent article by Craig L. Blomberg in the Devotions on the Greek New Testament: 52 Reflections to Inspire and Instruct that covers this same material. I highly recommend this little book.

http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Devotions%20on%20GNT

• Like 1

Dr J,

When I command click on a commentary in the Info Pane it opens in a new zone, but it is tied to the bible pane. At 7:08 you seem to indicate that we can move through the resource without disturbing the main text, but the main text will change verse since the new zone is tied to the main text upon CMD Click. I searched to see if I could find a preference that would change this, but was unable to locate one. I think it would be great to have the commentary in the new zone untied to allow for movement and exploration without disrupting the study. Where this really evident is where the commentary is broken up by pericope. For example in your study CMD click on the BKC and then go to that resource in the new zone and as you move around the main text will move back to Mat 28.16 where the commentary pericope begins.

Let me know if there is preference I am missing or if not, consider this a suggestion for the next update.

Thanks for the podcasts as they are alway informative and enjoyable to watch!

Thanks, John!

Would you believe this is actually a new feature? One I did not take into account in this podcast?

You are correct, the current rev of Accordance (11.0.4) automatically ties the new zone to the main search zone. We can untie it or modify its tie, by right-clicking on the tab title an choosing a different option. See the attached screenshot.

Thanks for the feedback!

post-29215-0-39249800-1422024032_thumb.png

Thanks for the work around, however, that needs to be done each time a new commentary is open with CMD Click. I would recommend the default be untied, but then that is just my preference. Not a big deal.

Thanks for the reply!

One thing that I noticed while going through this with you; if you start with Holman, then hit the down arrow to go to Erdmans it won't go because it won't automatically switch from "Titles" as the search type to "Entry" for the search type and there are no Titles in Erdmans. I think I said that right.

It's a bit of a hit or miss which module titles will work seamlessly back and forth and which won't.

PS: Really good podcast...I really got a lot out of it.

Edited by rpavich
  • Like 1

Dr. J,

Great podcast. There is an excellent article by Craig L. Blomberg in the Devotions on the Greek New Testament: 52 Reflections to Inspire and Instruct that covers this same material. I highly recommend this little book.

http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Devotions%20on%20GNT

Thanks for the tip..that looks great!

Strange, mine doesn't appear to automatically link to the main search pane and I'm running 11.0.4