writing Koreans in Syntax or Usernote...

Ok Yob Jeon

This is JOY in Korea..

-JOY is my English name. ^^;; my Korean name is OK YOB..

I am so happy that I can use Accordance. ^^

This made my Mac worthy to pay.

As I wrote in the title..

I tried to type Korean in function or comments column of the Syntax, but it doesn't work..

And I changed the Korean font.. it doesn't work..

And I tried to type Korean in User Note..

But it didn't work...

I read one of article, it said User Note and User Tools support multiple language..

But it doesn't work..

The primary language of my Mac is English..

Please let me know how I can solve this...

Sorry, there is no way to do this at present. You write Korean using a Unicode font, and Accordance does not support Unicode in any windows. It only allows you to export Greek and Hebrew etc. to Unicode. You will have to continue making your notes in another program.

I see. :rolleyes:

I will write in English. :P

Accordance will help my English writing more. :lol:

Thanks anyway...

I hope I will write in Korean soon.

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

언젠가....

Someday, I really hope that our lovely Accordance is able to do what I need it to. I need to work in Korean, too - and I can't. I want to be able to see my Korean Scriptures beside my English and Greek ones... but I can't... Someday.... I hope... I dream.... I wait.

And I rather think that a lot of people are waiting for this.... I'd say this issue comes up with regular frequency on these forums - and most often it seems to be a request for Korean.

I would humbly suggest, Helen, that full Unicode implementation be placed at the forefront of all Accordance development. There are tons of modules and plenty of functionality, but there is a whole world waiting to explore the Scriptures through Accordance. Just think of the possibilities for Bible translation teams like Wycliffe.

• 1 year later...
Sorry, there is no way to do this at present. You write Korean using a Unicode font, and Accordance does not support Unicode in any windows. It only allows you to export Greek and Hebrew etc. to Unicode. You will have to continue making your notes in another program.

I see.

But, it is strange, because I made my user note in Korean in the days of Accordance 6.X.

I don't know why Accordance suddenly does not support Korean fonts.

As I said above, when I used Accordance 6.X, I made my notes in Korean

But I doesn't look nice in 8: see "Screenshot 1."

Even text palette doesn't show whole fonts that I have installed in my Mac, but show only 8 fonts "Screenshot 3"

http://www.miqraot.com/Pictures/Accordance/Koreanfontshot.jpg

Moreover, I have a question about Usernotes fonts.

Seen in the screenshot 2, fonts appear well in text palette. It means that text palette shows whole fonts which I've installed.

But, in the User Notes Pane, just 8 fonts appear in the text palette. Why does it happen?

Archived