The Passion Translation

hbowles

7 hours ago, Daniel L said:

Well frankly, The Message should be pulled, too. It reads as a mockery and parody of the Holy Bible. It literally makes me laugh out loud until I remember that it is sold to unsuspecting souls as a "Bible" and is sometimes read from the pulpit. Its text is often outrageously wrong. It is Mr. Peterson's message, not God's message.

While the Passion Translation is, over all, not as over-the-top as Peterson's Message, it may be more dangerous, because it has a troubling theological agenda driving its expanded, unfounded verbosity.

I couldn't agree more - But I have heard Brian Simmons in person teaching about the Song of Songs and it is handled recklessly and convincingly  blasphemous. For example - Mr. Simmons led communion and he encouraged the people next time to take an entire loaf of bread to yourself and do communion alone.

It just gives you a gimps of his "over the top" theology. Not to mention all the people falling over in the service by the "power of the Spirit" 

I stood firm and when Mr. Simmons laid his hands on me it was a physical push, and he couldn't get me to fall over.

God gave me fair warning to stay as far as the east is to the west from the Passion Translation

Edited by Rick Flynn

Okay, sorry to have to step in here, but personal evaluation of Bible versions falls into the area of "Discussion of biblical interpretation, points of theology, and personal beliefs" which are not appropriate for the forums, as stated in the Forum Guidelines.

Accordance has an extremely diverse base of customers across all faith traditions and some with no tradition at all. We also offer a wide variety of Bible versions across multiple spectrums of traditions and translational philosophies. The concept of Bible "paraphrases" goes all the way back to the Jewish Targums and even further back to portions of the LXX. We do not take it upon ourselves to evaluate the supposed validity of any Bible version or version method. We leave that to the user. 

I believe @Mark Allison has mentioned that we are looking to provide the Passion Translation at a future date. Private discussion of opinions of this version is fine, but I will ask everyone to refrain from public personal opinions on it that fall into the areas concerned in the Forum Guidelines. 

Considering that the Passion Translation has been requested and we are potentially looking to pursue making it available for Accordance users who want it, I'm going to close further discussion of this topic. Thank you, everyone, for your understanding.

• Like 5

• R. Mansfield locked this topic