Bible Speaks today -Old Testament

ray robinson

Just to keep the controversy ticking along, I wonder if part of the reason for the delay is that this series is now so established (read "old") that the original authors and publisher did not think to include digital rights when they signed their contracts. ?

No. That has nothing to do with it. There's really no controversy other than this just being a slow process. It's not uncommon, albeit frustrating nonetheless.

Thanks for your continued patience.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Any update or news on this? This is on sale at Logos but would rather have it here in Accordance

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, no significant updates at this point. We are hoping that changes soon.

Not sure I can afford any more commentariy sets at the moment after the recent Super Tuesdays, however I am wondering if there has been any movement on this over the past 12 months?

We are still actively pursuing a license for this series.

Makes me wonder what you mean by "actively"since Rick posted on 23 December 2015 that this series was being pursued. :)

Makes me wonder what you mean by "actively"since Rick posted on 23 December 2015 that this series was being pursued. :)

We can't control how IVP UK operates. So, we wait…

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

WORDSearch currently have a publishers sale on the complete BST series NT AND OT for $149. Why are the publishers giving WORDSearch preference over Accordance so that they are able to stock BST OT but Accordance cannot? Instead for 3 years they just keep Accordance waiting, I don't understand the publishers rationale here...

BST OT is in Olivetree, Logos, and Wordsearch leaving Accordance the odd man out. Indeed I own it in Logos and will not be duplicating a resource I do not use too often (it was part of a Library I bought in Logos). While I am sure Accordance is doing all it can to get this out as soon as possible the time it is taking is just frustrating. That said the same may be said on each platform for the time it takes. Indeed the remaining volumes for OT for Everyone were completely dropped from the Old Testament for Everyone Series because of an issue with it's publisher.

-dan 

Edited by Daniel Francis

I don't understand the publishers rationale here...

Off topic, but OUP are equally strange. I have written to their uk marketing dept and they have acknowledged my letter so waiting for a response.

Im just very very grateful for the resources accordance do bring us with their added magic.

;o)

• Like 1

Hmm, I remember once working with an editor from SPCK… I wonder if I can dig out her number?

Oh, I just discovered I know two of their trustees…

Edited by Alistair

Actually we just made progress this week so there is no need to go to bat for us.  Bible Speaks OT is now officially in the pipeline.

• Like 5

Actually we just made progress this week so there is no need to go to bat for us.  Bible Speaks OT is now officially in the pipeline.

Ah! More good news

• 2 months later...

“Pretty long” meaning 1 year, 2 years, or longer? Logos has it on sale this month so I am contemplating. Thanks in advance for any update on this.

Edited by Hank Xu
  • Like 1

Conservatively I’d say 6-12 months, but I hope sooner.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. Can we expect a significantly discounted introductory price like when the NT series was released?

Yes! This is good news, thanks Accordance for continuing to follow up on this :)

• 2 months later...

Great news! The Bible Speaks Today: Old Testament (33 volumes) is now available for Accordance! Through Monday, get 40% off introductory pricing. 

Crossgrade pricing from other platforms is also available. 

• Like 3

Whoo-hoo!! Awesome news. Thanks so much to all concerned. Nothing would beat this (except maybe the Parousia ... )