Unable to enter [ or ] in search box from Greek Polytonic keyboard

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Win 7 SP1

Acc 11.0.2

I tend to use a Greek Polytonic keyboard on Windows. I have three installed and with the Prefs -> Greek -> Use Greek Polytonic keyboard layout checked I cannot enter either [ or ] into the search box, from anyone of the keyboards. This obviously impedes search entry. The work around I tend to use is one of the command shortcuts like ctrl-shift-T or something and then edit the content out. I should mention this is in word searches searching things like αγαπη@[verb fut] for example.

For reference the three keyboard layouts are : The standard windows Greek Polytonic, the Tyndale House one, and the one from John Schwandt EZAccent keyboard (http://www.biblicalgreek.org/links/fonts/keyboard.php).

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

I finally see the problem. Thank you for pointing out the Pref settings. This setting is the reason I couldn't reproduce the problem before.

Thanx Orly,

Sorry for that then - bad reporting on my part.

Glad to know its not just me

Thx

D

I also cannot enter + which makes Greek root searches hard. The w/a is to switch to non-polytonic.

tx

D

I can type [ and ] using German and (customized) Greek Polytonic keyboard layouts, but only using "Alt Gr" not using CTRL+ALT which on Windows is normally a substitude for Alt Gr. I use for example to type @ with one hand (CTRL+ALT+q)