Hebrew Audio Bible for Accordance

Darin Franklin

I have created a User Notes file with links to all of the Hebrew recordings on the Academy of Ancient Languages web site. There is one recording for every chapter in the Hebrew OT.

I'm posting this under Feature Requests, because this would work a lot better if the URL links actually worked! I know that others have requested hyperlink support for User Notes before, but here is one more request. :)

I'm attaching the file in case anyone else would like to use it. You have to copy and paste the URL manually, but I think it's still pretty useful.

Hebrew Audio Bible.amynotes.zip

• Like 4

As soon as I had installed this module, my computer unexpectedly restarted. I am hoping it was just a fluke.

Okay--not sure what that was. I seem to be fine now, but would be glad to know if others were able to download okay.

Darin--thank you. This is really helpful!

Darin, are you amenable to me putting this on the exchange?

Would love to host it for others to benefit from if you are happy and there are no copyright issues...

Ahhh...I should have read more carefully. If it doesn’t work I shouldn’t post it.

When it does...(if it does).. are you happy for me to post it then?

Edited by Ken Simpson

Maybe someone on staff could rig it just this once (cough cough Graham cough cough?) so that hyperlinks work for this module before it goes up? Or maybe that's not possible.

We're looking into something...

• Like 5

Ken, you can post it to the exchange. That is a good place for it. Hopefully a future version of Accordance will make the links work. I don't believe that there are any copyright issues. It's just a list of URL's.

Is there a way to search and replace in user notes? I have all the files locally and want to change the url for all entries.

• 2 weeks later...

I know BibleWorks allows users to set up to narrate the audio Hebrew Bible. The setting is quite simple. I always open BibleWorks for the audio Bible. I do not go anywhere else for that.

I wish that Accordance would add a similar function to it.

Blessings,
Martin
  • Like 1

Now that we're at it: any updates about how the Speak function (for the Windows version) is coming along?

We're looking into something...

Rick, is there anything more you can tell us at this point?

Thanks!

Tony

• 3 months later...

Rick? ;-)

Rick, is there anything more you can tell us at this point?

Thanks!

Tony

Still talking through some details. Sorry to be vague; I haven't forgotten.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Thank you Darin. This will be very helpful to me.

Thx

D

Here is an updated version of the Hebrew Audio Bible user notes file.  Each chapter has a hyperlink to the mp3 file hosted on the Academy of Ancient Languages web site.  It requires Accordance 11.1.4. 

A new module for Accordance Exchange?

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Wow! I am at a lose for words....

Do you want to do one for the Greek New Testament too :D

I was just thinking of this today and wondering if its out there. Thanks Darin!

Now we just need to create a tool that has the audio right in there - no internet required. And broken down by verse of course. :)

I was just thinking of this today and wondering if its out there. Thanks Darin!

Now we just need to create a tool that has the audio right in there - no internet required. And broken down by verse of course. :)

That would be fantastic, but so much work and would probably require a purchase.

• Like 1

I know I'm crackers but while we are dreaming about this here's my thought. It is sometimes nice to replay just a short few words of something to clearly hear it and get it down. Sometimes you want to listen to a longer stretch. It would be nice if one could play the audio for a query result or a selection. And that really would be a lot of work !

Thx

D

All 3 now hosted on the Exchange. Enjoy!