N.T. Wright's Jesus and the Victory of God

David Hunt

I just noticed that Logos Software is offtering N.T. Wright's, Jesus and the Victory of God

as a module for their software.

I would love to have this, as well as all the other volume's, as an Accordance module.

Any hope?

Dave

Ditto

• 5 months later...

If you're a Wright fan like me, you're going to love what I spent my evening doing.

If you go to www.ntwrightpage.com, you can save the articles as .html files and then import them into Accordance as User Tools. It rocks.

I am assuming, too, that since it is publicly available that there are no copyright issues.

Great tip Matthew,

I do the same thing with Papal Encyclicals!

Great tip Matthew,

I do the same thing with Papal Encyclicals!

I've also done several of the pages at www.thepaulpage.com that deal with the New Paul Perspective.

Oh, and I would love to see the Christian Origins and the Question of God set by Wright make it as a module. To be able to search within those texts...my heart can hardly take the excitement!

• 1 year later...

Yes, yes, yes. All 3 books in that series. I'm reading "Resurrection" now. These would be excellent.

OK. I'm for that.

• 3 months later...

The set is in pre-pub with Logos.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know a good PDF to HTML converter for Mac?

Ross

does anyone know a good PDF to HTML converter for Mac?

Ross

Adobe Acrobat Pro

Edited by R. Mansfield

• 3 months later...

I would also purchase this module as soon as it's available.

Thanks,

Mike

I would also buy N.T. Wright modules as soon as they hit the shelf!

Those of you who have made user tools from the public articles, are you sharing these anywhere?

• 7 months later...

Anything by N. T. Wright would be most welcome.

Any chance we might see some in Accordance?

I too would be interested in any Wright modules.

• 4 years later...

So if Logos has NT Wright's volumes, does that mean that Accordance can't ever obtain it?

That would be too bad...

So if Logos has NT Wright's volumes, does that mean that Accordance can't ever obtain it?

That would be too bad...

That is absolutely not the case.

Occasionally a publication will arrange exclusive distribution rights for a period of time. One such case is the complete biblical library which came to a software with exclusive electronic rights for 7 years. That is a rarity though. Most times it is just a matter of negotiating the rights for a work. Accordance is busy getting rights and producing them. I am a big fan of Wright's works but books for me are of a lower priority. Accordance has brought out in the past year the entire New Interpreter's family of products, the Modern Torah Commentary, the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Revised, Anchor Bible, New International Commentary OT/NT. And numerous smaller works. It is true that Anchor and NIB haven't even been completed (in the completion of release).

I am sure there are many works that Accordance wants to get released, but it takes time, and I am sure some items do get moved to the back burner while larger projects get made. It might be very nice if publishers just provided an eTEXT that Accordance could automatically feed through a formatting algorithm and presto release it. But unfortunately a lot of work manually tagging and verify things has to happen. Personally I am not too worried when a more general book is not available because when one purchases something like "Jesus and the Victory of God" there often are not a huge number of passages to look up. Generally the way I hand that is switching from kindle to accordance or more often than not read kindle on the iPad keeping my cell phone handy for Bible verse references I want to look up.

Please also remember Logos has a goal to release over 10,000 volumes per year so they are always going to have a broader selection of works, I personally am overall happy with Accordance they are not releasing the flood of volumes found in Logos or the even greater amount found at Amazon. But over all Accordance does a good job of getting hold of quality works and getting them relatively quickly released. I would guess that Accordance will over time get more staff and release works quicker but that type of thing can take a lot time. Quality over quantity is always a good thing.

-Dan

• Like 2

I keep looking at Paul and the faithfulness of god but am trying to get away from paper and live in hope that accordance get it before I get through my backlog of things to read and need to get it. (I got the New Testament and POG, Jesus and the VOG and the resurrection of the SOG as they were published). I have bought some NIV application commentaries in kindle but they are very poorly produced, only one has a linked contents, and I went through putting in book marks for each of the passages only for them all to be wiped out on an app upgrade and so avoid kindle and iBooks as much as I can.

• Like 1