Instant Details wont hold its placement on restart

Mark Nigro

Instant details will not expand itself to the proper size automatically, I must do it by dragging the top portion of it upwards to enlarge for the full viewing range. However, after restarting, it reshapes and cuts off nearly half the viewing surface. Toggling the Instant Details pane on and off gives very slight, but incomplete improvement where the "Make Instant Details a Floating Window" icon does not appear. Please see the three different screen shots that illustrate what I mean. Currently running ACC 10.4.3.2 on Surface Pro 1.

post-29340-0-45723200-1413398050_thumb.png

post-29340-0-37809300-1413398065_thumb.png

post-29340-0-07388300-1413398075_thumb.png

Edited by Mark Nigro

Hi Mark,

Yep. I see this all the time. I'm pretty sure I reported this quite a while back but I cannot find it. Likewise the library pane size is not altogether stable either.

I'd love to see this fixed.

Thx

D

I've seen it, too. I think the quickest fix is to close ID and then open it again. That is easier than the drag, I think.

Julie, thanks for the suggestion but that is one of the things that I was saying doesn't help, except ever so slightly. Take a peek at the screen shot and you will see what I mean.

I think the only workaround I have used is to save the workspace with the ID large enough to compensate for the subsequent shrinkage. The problem is that if you re-save it again later you have to remember to tweak it again.

Thx

D

Julie, thanks for the suggestion but that is one of the things that I was saying doesn't help, except ever so slightly. Take a peek at the screen shot and you will see what I mean.

Sorry about that, Mark. I didn't read closely enough. I keep my ID window at the minimum height and it toggling has worked for me. This issue does need to be addressed, I think.

Edited by Julie Falling

No worries at all, Julie :)

Daniel, I tried saving with the ID pane as I wanted it, but unfortunately that does not do the trick either. Restarting Accordance sends the ID pane back to its reduced status. I am sure it will be fixed soon enough and is no show-stopper.

OK so apparently my workaround for this no longer works. I'm sure it did at one time. Trying it now I see it doesn't anymore.

So yes I see what you mean. Yeah its not the end of the world but it sure would be nice to be fixed.

Thx

D