Accordance 11 Collections

Helen Brown

The Ultimate 10->11 pricing for me increased significantly the last 2 days but today is back down to a bit less than originally calculated, so it looks like the system is improving. Thanks for implementing this service!

• Like 1

The Ultimate 10->11 pricing for me increased significantly the last 2 days but today is back down to a bit less than originally calculated, so it looks like the system is improving. Thanks for implementing this service!

I can only agree - while it worked perfectly for my custom upgrade, it seems it still needs a little more calibration here and there, but it's great to have. So thank you for this feature!

Friendly FYI: On Firefox the store website 'sometimes' looks like this (this only happens on Firefox) this:

Edited by bkMitchell

OK, we believe that several issues were fixed, the quotes should now be stable AND accurate. However, they will still be checked by our customer service reps when you place your order.

Please continue to report any problems that you encounter. Now we can work on displaying the list of modules you will be acquiring.

We do apologize for the confusion caused by these unresolved issues.

• Like 1

Hooray! Mine looks right now. I am just waiting for "Pending" to become "Processed."

Thanks for all the hard work by the Accordance staff!

Still not working right for me. I have Bible Study Collection 10 and upgraded to Starter 11. Now, it is saying it will cost $139.10 to upgrade to Bible Study 11. (The price went UP!) The only thing I would be adding is the NAS Group which is $39.90.

Bible Study Collection (Accordance 11)

Category: Primary Collections | Minimum Acc Version: 10
http://www.accordancebible.com/archive/products/images/product_separator.gif

$199.00 Custom Price: $139.10 (Save $59.9 or 30.1%)

I don't, currently, have a way accurately measure this but the webstore now feels significantly more responsive. :)

My Ultimate Collection 10 to 11 order 30 hours ago is still "reviewing."

Hi,

I'm on Bible Study 10.

Below the test result, which I think it's wrong.

Bible Study 11

$199.00 Custom Price: $191.00 (Save $8 or 4.02%)

Essential

$499.00 Custom Price: $495.22 (Save $3.78 or 0.76%)

Advanced

$999.00 Custom Price: $957.78 (Save $41.22 or 4.13%)

I must say that I don't understand this at all.

Why would those of us who already have heavily invested in many, many modules and have Accordance 10 be buying an Accordance 11 Collection?

Why would those of us who already have heavily invested in many, many modules and have Accordance 10 be buying an Accordance 11 Collection?

@Enoch: There are some new modules in the Accordance11 packages and the license for Accordance 11 (should be released later this year).

So you are purchasing an upgrade from Accordance 10 to 11 and you will also get some new modules for your collection if needed. If not you can just buy the starter package to get a license for upgrading to Acc11..

The new custom price option should make this an easier decision because now you don't pay anymore for modules you already bought as extra modules which are included in higher collections. Before it was like buying a "second copy" of any book you already bought..

Was this any help for you?

• Like 1

My custom price looks like its broken, too..

Ive got study bible 10 and it says 188.. - and also the price for OL riced a lot in the past few days.. prbly not considering anymore my very custom third party collection Studienbibel 2 collection.

Yes, it's working better, but we are still tracking down anomalies.

TonyL: your order was processed last night.

Tony1000 and others: please place an order in the cart so that we can check what it is actually charging you for. You are welcome to note that you are doing this for testing, not ready to buy, or you want an email quote before we process it.

SFarson: I will process your order now.

Hi Helen

I have the Bible Study 10 collection [plus other modules like Graphics Package, IVP, AYD]. When I look at the custom upgrade price for Bible Study 11 it says $199.00 Custom Price: $191.00 (Save $8 or 4.02%) - that can't be correct. Similarly I looked at the upgrade price the Essential Collection 11 [remember I have Bible Study 10 plus the Accordance Graphics package] and it says: $499.00 Custom Price: $495.22 (Save $3.78 or 0.76%) - these must be wrong? Or am I misunderstanding?

I'm not sure if the calculator is working for me. This morning, my upgrade from Ultimate 10 to Ultimate 11 was $189.36. Tonight it is $877.09. If I order, do I get to say yes or no once the order has been manually checked? My fiancee restrict me to outlay above $200-$250 at the moment, but I don't want to have to commit to something that I would be required to purchase.

Hi Enoch,

I am not here to convince you about upgrading to collections, but to explain why many customers will upgrade. First, the cost to get Accordance 11 is around $50. I have essential 10, and can upgrade to Essential 11 for around $78. I will review the new resources I get by upgrading to this collection for an additional $28. If I see more than $28 of value, then the decision to upgrade is the best for me. I will review the various upgrade paths and additional resources and decide what is the best value for me and my study. If I find that the additional resources are not of interest to me, then I will spend the $50 and purchase the starter for Accordance 11.

Does this help explain why someone would be interested in upgrading to Accordance 11 by purchasing a collection.

• Like 3

Enoch – You con't have to do anything. You don't have to buy anything. The upgrades to the engine (the program itself) come every year or two. With it we get new features. And with the upgrade, now accomplished by buying the Accordance 11 Starter Collection, I think you will get new modules. But you don't have to upgrade. You can stick with Acc-10 if you prefer.

Personally, I stay updated because eventually, if I don't, the transition from one version of the program to another will end up being a bigger leap and a steeper learning curve along with it. I do the same with OS X and with iOS. I stay as current as my hardware will allow.

When we're dealing with computers and software, nothing stands still – you already know that. Having to upgrade software is just part of the technological age we live in.

Leopod and Andrew, you are getting wrong figures because the website isn't correctly finding your owned items. For example the Ultimate to Ultimate upgrade is no more than $200 depending on exactly which Ultimate and which other modules you have. We will have another shot at fixing it today, but again, if you place an order we can then see exactly what you are being charged for.

Personally, I stay updated because eventually, if I don't, the transition from one version of the program to another will end up being a bigger leap and a steeper learning curve along with it. I do the same with OS X and with iOS. I stay as current as my hardware will allow.

So far, every upgrade has given me new features or efficiencies that I would rather not live without. :) That's why I stay updated.

• Like 1

Let me remind everyone of something that was mentioned earlier. Be sure to install all the modules you currently own before using Accordance's internal Easy Install>Upgrade Calculator. It checks the modules currently in your Library, not the list of modules you currently own. It will then show you which modules you will add if you decide to upgrade your Collection.

Thanks Helen, I have placed my order. The Snapshot's that Rick has posted look great.

Two quick questions (although I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to both but just want to double check):

1. I upgraded to Accordance 11 Essential so I could start enjoying the new books. When the Accordance 11 engine hits, I'll simply receive an email to download it, correct? I don't need to purchase or do anything else?

2. I'm on Accordance 11 Essential. If I decide to go for Accordance 11 Advanced or Ultimate down the road, can I use the "Custom Upgrade" option on the website to only pay for the books I don't own instead of the old static upgrade route? I generated a "Custom Upgrade" tonight just to see if it worked, and it did. It gave me a much better price over the old static upgrades. This is excellent since in addition to Essential, I have purchased a few modules I've needed now that were in Advanced and Ultimate, but at the time, I couldn't afford to go straight for those packages. If I can "Custom Upgrade" to those paying the difference for the new books, that'll be fantastic.

Thanks!