Accordance 11 Collections

Helen Brown

I am confused.

I own Accordance 10 Ultimate Collection, and upgrading to the Accordance 11 Ultimate one according to the price of Custom Upgrade would cost me more than $1000 (to be precise, $1072.67, or a discount of 46.34%). Is that normal, considering that I own probably 95% of its contents (meaning only 5% is new to me, like Expositor's Bible, CNTTS apparatus, etc) ?

Apart from that, if I all want is to use my present collection on Accordance 11 once it comes out, all I have to do is to purchase Accordance 11 Starter Upgrade for $49.90 (http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Coll11-Starter-up10), right?

I have modules such as Ralph's Septuagint (bought recently), Comprehensive Bible/Crossrefs (bought in April 2013), a small old version 8 Collection, and the Starter 10 Collection (bought in April 2013). The upgrade calculator is giving me quite little discount towards for example the Accordance 11 Original Languages Collection. I understand that the modules are discounted when included in collections meaning I only get a few dollars of credit per item, but it still seems like small discount. I wasn't planning on upgrading anyway and was gonna keep using the version 10 software. I hope Accordance is not rushing these deals but I don't think they are as Helen has previously said that this is the frequency of new software. I can't see much news when it comes to the books included though, in the low-end Collections. I hope Accordance has excluded some content.

Rokas: you have uncovered an error and we are working on it now. Your upgrade to the new Ultimate should be much less than $200.

Unix: we will give full credit for anything bought in the last 90 days. Everything else, well you have used it and the lost we can do is not charge for it again. This is a major improvement on what we used to do until this morning.

• Like 1

Rokas: you have uncovered an error and we are working on it now. Your upgrade to the new Ultimate should be much less than $200.

Thank you, Helen.

On that note, the similar error was also occurring when upgrading to other collections (for example, on Original Languages I had ~30% discount), if that helps :)

Edited by rokas

Yes, Helen, it is working right now. From Ultimate to Ultimate is it ~$187, and to Original Languages it is ~$65.

Helen, it seems to all be working just fine for me (in terms of clicking on "Custom Upgrade" and seeing a price), even if there is just a bit of lag time. Nothing bothersome, though. I like the new system. Great idea!

Jfidel makes a good suggestion... the introductory blog post has, "New to the Accordance 11 ____ Collection" for each collection--I think that really ought to be displayed on each collection's page, too, as close as possible to the Custom Upgrade price, so customers can make an easy decision with all the relevant data at hand.

I realize there is the in-app Upgrade Calculator, too, but this requires an extra step, and is not available to anyone browsing your store on mobile, a public computer, etc. I think if the exact same information that the Upgrade Calculator displays could be shown via the Web (for a signed-in account), right next to the Custom Upgrade price, that would make it easier for potential buyers to know just what they're getting and for how much.

Well, it has taken months of programming to get to where we are now, so it may take a few more days to get the list to appear. Displaying what's new in each collection isn't the point, as people have always customized their libraries, so the list must be tailored for each user.

Sorry, if I missed this, but if you upgrade from 10 ultimate collection to 11 ultimate collection does this include Accordance 11 or do you need to add the $60 on top of the price of the ultimate collection upgrade.

Note: Accordance 11 has not yet been released but it IS included in these new Collections so you will get it without delay if you buy one now.

By me it comes also the price for the 11-Acc in the Upgrade-calculator. Maybe because at the moment it is not installed.

I don't feel like I've used Accordance 10 that long to get used to it and now we are being informed of an upgrade to Accordance 11, why now? Also, I'm a little concerned that you are already announcing upgrades and selling a product that hasn't even entered Beta testing yet, I'd expect this from Logos but not Accordance.

Dennis, version 11 is actually coming along very well. We never release vaporware or beta products as release versions. There are a few minor issues preventing a proper public testing at the moment, but it has been in internal testing for quite sometime.

As far as getting used to it, you'll find that version 11 will simply improve and build on version 10, not requiring much of a transition or learning curve.

• Like 1

Hi Helen & Joel,

I was trying to purchase the upgrade the pages are taking a long time to load. I am sure you are aware of this but I wanted you to know. It took 3 refreshs just to get logged into the main site.

Blessings, Rino

Edited by rinodattilo

Well, it has taken months of programming to get to where we are now, so it may take a few more days to get the list to appear. Displaying what's new in each collection isn't the point, as people have always customized their libraries, so the list must be tailored for each user.

Sure--it seems users would want the tailored list you mention, definitely (since that's what the Custom Upgrade price is based on anyway, right?). But why not also include what's new to each collection, as well? I don't know... that was the first thing I was looking for in Rick's post, and I was glad to be able to find it right away. You could just copy-paste that much in to the Website and then also include the customized list, too, once you have that programmed.

It could be worth your polling other users (or maybe you already have), but both a "New to This Collection" (static) and a "New to You" (dynamic) list make sense to me.

• Like 1

Upgrade from Original Languages 10 to Original Languages 11 went surprisingly smoothly for me considering that the collections were released today: All I noticed was that the website was somewhat slower than usual, which is to be expected. The order is pending at the moment (due to discount), so I have to wait a bit before I can proceed to Install.

Patience, patience..

The upgrade went fine, but the site was not very responsive and I had to wait some time for a page to load.

I ordered 5 hours ago. Order is pending. Waiting patiently now ....

Edited by HansK

Got everything and the price adjustment went great. Like HansK said, it was slow and I posted that earlier but my content delivered pretty quickly - for me anyways :)

Very cool and thank you. Looking forward to 11!

Using Upgrade Calculator I get the message "Please check Collections Upgrades webpage for upgrade pricing."

Is this an error?

I just completed the ordering Accordance starter collection 11 and installation in less than 10 minutes.

I am on Windows 7 and used the latest edition of Firefox.

AND, it fixed an issue I had with some tool/modules that failed to install earlier (link)

so I pretty Happy!

Edited by bkMitchell

I've just upgraded my Bible Study to Acc 11 but I still have a question.

As I understand it the upgrade means that the "engine" (v11) is upgraded from v10 and my Bible Study Collection is updated with new modules.

The actual modules are not changed because of v11 so individual modules I've purchased do not need to be upgraded and will work just fine with v11. Is that correct?

Thanks for the clarification.

Accordance staff will confirm, but there's been a whole slow of updates to almost all (all?) of my Accordance modules over the last few weeks--I believe that was to have everything be already version 11-ready. But someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

The website correctly showed a discounted upgrade price to Ultimate 11. I was able to purchase the Starter 10->11 upgrade without any need to reload webpages, though they were a little slow to load. After checking again for the upgrade to Ultimate 11, it doesn't seem to account for the fact that I just purchased the Starter 11 (shouldn't that be credited?).

Alistair: The Upgrade Calculator now just shows you the modules you would gain, only the website can calculate the price, and we hope it will also give you a module list very soon.

Jonathan: Yes, but that will be a credit on the invoice as it was within 90 days, not part of the Custom Upgrade. It's complicated!