Text Palette: a pictoral guide

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

In struggling with text alignment issues today, I was reminded that I still don't know what all the buttons on the text palette do. I would really like to see--either in the help or in the blog--a description of the text palette controls that lines up the descriptions with pictures of the buttons. The current help file has a picture of the text palette, but the buttons are not labeled with call outs, and in some cases I can't quite manage to connect the text descriptions with the right button.

While I'm wishing, some simple indent options would be a very appreciated addition to the user tool formatting controls. :rolleyes:

In struggling with text alignment issues today, I was reminded that I still don't know what all the buttons on the text palette do. I would really like to see--either in the help or in the blog--a description of the text palette controls that lines up the descriptions with pictures of the buttons. The current help file has a picture of the text palette, but the buttons are not labeled with call outs, and in some cases I can't quite manage to connect the text descriptions with the right button.

Sorry I can't provide a graphic illustration at the moment, but these are probably the more cryptic ones: the two buttons right under "Plain" stand for the "Outline" and "Shadow" text styles, and the button immediately to the right of the superscript and subscript arrows aligns selected text to the default baseline.

Thanks! those are precisely the ones I was confused about!

Archived