Request: Ancient Near Eastern Texts and tools relating to the Old Testament

Peter Brylov Christensen

I am afraid that we cannot make these things high priority. You are the only user advocating for them. We would need to see a lot more interest from other users before we could even consider adding such specialized resources. Either that, or the funding for the massive project would have to come from another source.

Ah okay, good to know. It is a niche field after all, so I had a feeling that it wouldn't be top priority. At least not yet - I'll just have to go spread the word a lot more, then. :)

Thank you very much for the update on the matter!

With kind regards

Pchris

• 1 year later...

InscriptiFact is indeed an exceptional database, but they don't have pictures of everything yet. For instance, while they do have a lot of the Amarna Letters from the British Museum of London, they still lack the letters from the Vorderasiatische Museum of Berlin - Fortunately, this webpage has most of them:

http://amarna.ieiop.csic.es/maineng.html

I haven't managed to find a webpage/database that contains HQ pictures of the letters from The Egyptian Museum of Cairo, though. Do you know any?

Updated URL for the Amarna Letter images.

http://www.amarna.cchs.csic.es/maineng.html

+1 on volume 4 of COS! 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

+1

• Like 1

Seems like there is more than a passing interest in ANE works. The "other" software is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of sheer word and volume count, yet the analytical type works are lacking (you basically just have searchable texts, great texts and a lot of them as well as secondary literature) but tagged, fully researchable texts seem to be lacking. This is a great place for Accordance to eat up the competition. I will admit, I have had to invest in the other software for the resource base due to my research needs, but I still use Accordance a lot for the texts I have and the ease of use they provide. Any primary ANE texts in the familiar and lovable format would be most welcome.

• Like 5

I think that "The World of the New Testament: Cultural, Social, and Historical contexts" and "Behind the Scenes of the Old Testament: Cultural, Social, and Historical Contexts" would be great additions to the ANE context as well as the Jewish/Greco-Roman context. 

And +1 for everything above 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'd particularly like volume 4 of CoS - please!

• Like 2

+1:

I'd also like to request these dictionaries:

Wolfram von Soden's Akkadisches Handwörterbuch Band A-L, Band M-S and Band Ṣ-Z (Otto Harrasowitz, Wiesbaden, 1965, 1972 and 1981) - I am aware that it's written in German, which might alienate some, but it is arguably the best Akkadian dictionary there is. E.g. unlike the CAD (and CDA!), the AhW lists several verbal forms in its entries. Another problem with CAD is the vast amount of - albeit relevant - information. AhW is only in three volumes and almost always manages to tell the reader all he or she needs to know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In support of the language and our Accordance 13 platform, please contact me offline by the Year 2023 at the latest, to enable me to send $810 for the development costs of the print resource "Wolfram von Soden's Akkadisches Handwörterbuch Band A-L, Band M-S and Band Ṣ-Z (Otto Harrasowitz, Wiesbaden, 1965, 1972 and 1981)" to be made available by OakTree under Accordance! I'll identify by calling! Set module price in the webstore for purchase as You wish in any amount!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...