Web Based Application

chaplanger

Has Accordance given consideration to moving to a web-based application solution? Recently this was raised in a Lilbronix forum to get user feedback. I for one would have a real problem investing much in a software producer who was looking to go this route (my bias -- as a parish pastor and Army Reserve Chaplain, I know that I don't always have ready internet/general web access). So has Accordance broached this topic.?

We've had lots of people over the years suggest we move to some web-based solution--especially those who would like to see us be truly cross-platform. We have no intention of going that route, though. The web, for all its advantages, will always be slower, clunkier, and less reliable than a full-blown Mac application.

We've had lots of people over the years suggest we move to some web-based solution--especially those who would like to see us be truly cross-platform. We have no intention of going that route, though. The web, for all its advantages, will always be slower, clunkier, and less reliable than a full-blown Mac application.

THANKS (probably from a lot of Accordance users)! The web-based "solution" would put a huge crimp in the usefulness and usability of Accordance for me and probably for most users once they realized just how much they lost.

-LPB

Thank you David. I am one of those who has opposed this move on the Libronix ng, even though I am running Logos with Virtual PC. I still prefer Accordance, but Logos has some resources I really want.

Jack Caviness

Archived