Accordance Won't Open

Kyle Essary

Hey guys,

Just this afternoon Accordance stopped opening up. It immediately shuts down as soon as it opens and gives the wonderful "The application Accordance quit unexpectedly." In response, I have already unsucessfuly:

1. Repaired permissions via Disk Utility without restart

2. Repaired permissions using the MacBook Pro disk

3. Re-ran the 7.1 installer

Here is the "report" thing that you can send to Apple. Can anyone help!? I'm on a MacBook Pro, running 10.4.8:

Sometimes the Startup session preferences file gets corrupted and causes an immediate crash. Try deleting this file from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder.

Sometimes the Startup session preferences file gets corrupted and causes an immediate crash. Try deleting this file from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder.

Thanks Helen for the quick response. I just did that and it still won't open.

Kyle:

Will Accordance open if you double click on a saved workspace (not the one that opens by default) or a user tool? I ask because I had a similar problem, and that proved to be a workaround for me until Helen was able to help me sort it out. (This was back in the 6.x days; if memory serves it was either a corrupted preference setting or a corrupt default session.)

Lorinda

I just talked to Kyle, and Lorinda, your idea works but it doesn't explain the problem. We tried removing his user Accordance Preferences so that he got a new copy from the Accordance folder, and it still would't run. He mentioned that he did the latest security update a couple of days ago.

Has anyone else done the update, with or without problems?

latest sec. update applied with no problem -10.4.9 iMac G5 w/ iSight

Kyle,

I have had similar problems when installing secondary applications like Shapeshifter; it has a prefs panel called "application enhancer" that interferes with Accordance. A similar kind of response. When I uninstalled the problem went away. Don't know if you have installed any applications like that recently.

I did the latest security update a while back and have had no problems with Accordance. My "About this Mac" says I'm running 10.4.8, although I thought I'd seen a 10.4.9 update come in some weeks ago.

Upon more reflecting about my previous experience, I think part of my problem involved a User tool that I had copies of on two Macs; I had updated the tool on one machine, then copied over the tool (overwriting the older version) on the other computer. My default session had that tool open in the workspace. Unfortunately I don't remember what the eventual solution was. Chances are none of this is relevant to Kyle's problem, but I offer it just in case it is.

Just an FYI... 10.4.9 was just seeded to developers last night, so most of us are probably using 10.4.8. I ran the security update and Accordance is still working fine, running 10.4.8 on a G4 iBook.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, Robb. I must have either misread or misremembered something last time software update ran. I've been wondering...

Lorinda

Archived